Possible Rocket purchase

alselec said:
I don't suppose my dealer here would match their price, then add taxes and lic. I wonder how much they make on them. I think they make their money on service and acc.

Every time i go to a dealer folks aren't buying bikes but are buying accessories. I did ask my dealer where the money was in a bike dealership and he said repeat business cuz without it you lose your reputation and store traffic.

Friends in the automobile biz say the big money is in trade-ins generated by repeat biz and program car sales. However some of these mega dealers that sell all makes at a high volume prolly do well at new car sales.

alselec said:
I don't suppose my dealer here would match their price, then add taxes and lic. I wonder how much they make on them. I think they make their money on service and acc.

The thing that bothers me most about buying from a dealer who is cheaper but not local is that if you do have a problem, though your local dealer is bound by franchise to work on the bike when it's under warranty, that don't mean it will be right away. I've seen this happen and more than once. A dealer will work on bikes, tractors, cars, snowmobiles bought at his or her dealership first and other customers second. It's about loyality and repeat business. If you forsake your local dealer and then take your bike there for service or warranty work, well, put yourself in their shoes.

:) The best money for a motorsports dealer to make is in the clothing and accessories lines they offer...They don't tend to make much on the vehicles especially if they've been paying any floor planning on them ...The more after the sale trips you make to the dealer the more they have an opportunity to earn...I say opportunity because too many places act like they're doing you a favor by merely being in business and don't feel they have to earn your leisure dollars...

Picked up the Rocket classic yesterday, what a ride! got it for $14,300, but only got $3500 for the Bonnie, bike only, will sell the accessories separatley.
Opening the gas cap on the rocket and it there is pressure in it, guess thats normal?

alselec said:
Picked up the Rocket classic yesterday, what a ride! got it for $14,300, but only got $3500 for the Bonnie, bike only, will sell the accessories separately.
Opening the gas cap on the rocket and it there is pressure in it, guess thats normal?

Great to hear Alselec. Don't worry about the pressure, fill er up and enjoy. Remember during break-in lots of sounds and vibrations can come and go so try not to over think. I envy you for what you are about to partake. Be safe, but now and again ride like you stole it!!!:D

Back