Possible Rocket purchase

alselec

.060 Over
Has anyone bought a Rocket 3 and been able to bargain much on the price? Looking at an 06 classic at a dealer. Was thinking of trading my 02 Bonnie, you usually don't get a lot on a trade in, but you do save on taxes on the new one.
Has anyone regretted getting rid of their Bonnie for the Rocket? Really like my Bonnie but be nice to have something bigger and I like the Rocket. I test rode one and was impressed with the slow speed handling, and power of course.
Can't justify having both, think I might go with the Rocket.

No bargain whatsoever on the price. But that was back in Sep. 2004. And I asked for- and easily got a substantial rebate on all the dealer-installed Triumph accessories. Can't elaborate on the trade-in as I had sold my previous bike outright. Good luck... and a word of wisdom, if I may: Dollars and cents alone won't ever make a Rocket III purchase a cold and rational decision:D Best . Jamie

Some people have been able to get deals... the 2007's will be out this fall and maybe you'll be able to find a leftover 2006 you like. I think Triumph wants its dealers to sell at full retail, but some don't, so it may be best to shop around. I wasn't able to get any off on mine, but like Jamie... I recieved some free accessories and I did get a good price on my trade in.. so you have to figure the total deal. Plus, I like my dealer so I really don't mind if he makes a little off of me, he has to make ends meet too :D

You can also look for a dealer demo. Mine had a whopping 123 miles on it and I got it for $12,500 as advertised. I don't usually haggle with dealers as I know they have to make ends meet and I'd like to see them stay around. I sold my Thunderbird Sport before I bought my Rocket and I do miss the TBS VERY much, but it's like comparing apples to oranges. Both are excellent bikes with very different attributes. I have come to appreciate the Rocket just as much as my TBS and do not regret the move.

Last edited:
I bought my R3 one year ago and got it for $15,500.00 plus I got the dealer to throw in a Triumph winshield. I figured that was a pretty good deal considering the MSRP was $15,900.00 + $500.00 for the shield + $400.00 set up fee (bogus in my book). The bike did have 60 miles on it and was set up as a demo. I put 200 miles on it the first day, big deal!! I've got 12,000 miles on the beast now and still love to ride. Plus I did get some 3.9% financing, which will make a big difference, I think the bank is doing 8.5-9.0% now.
Get a red one!!!:D

Happy Shopping

I got my 06 Classic for $14,890, list was $16,300. But that price did not include around $2000 worth of accessories. Bags, light kit, Windshield and luggage rack with backrest. Dealer was having late season clearance.
Happy Shopping

Hard choice..

I just couldn't part with my T100 so I kept the Bonnie and bought the Rocket. I too paid list but got a windshield thrown in free + 25% off everything in the store during the next 2 years. I also get all the pop and sanwhiches I can eat everytime I visit the dealer as they have a customers only kitchen area and stocked fridge (beer too) besides, the girls at the dealership are "over the top" so I get to leer with my sandwich and pop in hand. My wife's never been there. If she visited, I'd probably never be allowed to go back. She knows I'm a dirty old man.:D

R3

I checked with Southernpowersports.com, online, its in Tennessee, they sell for $13783.00 for the 06' R3 an out the door price I believe, even if not, thats still a good price?
How do they sell them so cheep?
Trouble is, I'm in AZ

The reason they can sell so cheap is that they do not include your states tax,or licensing fees.They are a volume dealership,or boileroom operation.They buy tons of vehicles to get a volume discount,store them at a wherehouse nearby that have people who do nothing but assemble for delivery.They make money on the,"options",people get from saving all that out the door money.Depending on travel expenses there,and the your states vehicle tax,you may save some.Just be sure that the dealer near you that will be doing the service is cool with it.

I don't suppose my dealer here would match their price, then add taxes and lic. I wonder how much they make on them. I think they make their money on service and acc.

Back