Possible Future Rocket Owner Needs Your Experienced Advice!

Mighty fine offer there thanks @Ishrub , i will have to graciously decline though thanks Sir as i dont seem to be doing long trips that require the extra leg room , im lucky to be using the bike once a month this year.

Appreciating all the help guys!

Would a 2014 Roadster in good condition with 22,000 miles be a good deal at $6500? Windshield, but that’s about it. Don’t know the history. Is this something I should jump on or wait to see what else comes along over winter? If it’s a steal, I’ll move on it; if not, I’ll wait.

There are guys on the forum with much more knowledge about value than I but I would say that price point for a three-year-old roadster is pretty darn good even with the higher than normal mileage.
I would say if it appears to have been cared for and the owner has maintenance records and such, I don’t see how you can go wrong.

To put your deal in perspective, I paid 6000 for a 2005 with 14,000 miles earlier this year.

Thanks, guys. The seller is a wholesaler. Said he bought from a bank. It’s super clean and appears to be well cared for, especially considering it has 22,000 miles. Just don’t know anything about the history. Clear title.

You could wait and buy from an owner, but if you can test ride that wholesaler's offer...well....we know you will buy it.

Fellas, thanks so much for your thoughts and encouragement! I'm easily consumed by the research of these types of things, so I'm compelled to try to buy one now, before winter hits, and be done with it. I'm wondering if I could get a better deal than in the spring? In the spring, however, maybe folks are wanting to upgrade and are ready to sell their bike quickly? I'm not sure!

I've found a stock 2014 Roadster with about 20,000 miles that is for sale locally for only $6500. I get the feeling it may be been a repo situation but it is in pristine condition. I wonder if I could get them to go even lower?

Of course, I could just wait it out and watch over the winter and snatch one up with lower miles for a steal, perhaps?!

Part of me would like to find one with accessories already added, so I don't have to buy them!

Any more advise or info you can share will be SO very appreciated!

Jeremy
Just remember come spring time a lot of folks got their tax return checks and with riding season coming it will be a sellers market. Same with right before Christmas. I'd say best time is either the next week or 2, or then wait between Jan and Feb

Back