POD AIR FILTERS from Tuneboy the same as K&N?

There have been no instances of K&Ns catching on fire.

The pod filters that I bought were very greasy. Plus they squished uncomfortably under my 1/2-cut bearclaw and looked like crap.

Excellent point pig9r about squishing. Doug may have some insight into that one, but I would think the flow rate would have to be negatively affected.

Excellent point pig9r about squishing. Doug may have some insight into that one, but I would think the flow rate would have to be negatively affected.

No real insight. The pod filters seem much less restrictive than K&Ns but maybe not if the side of them contacting the inside of the bear claw is blocked.

Yes, I have a air temp sensor. Now I understand. But it seems german Rocket has a different sensor. My sensor is 16,5 mm wide and on the end 17,25.
So I have to buy a filter which is smaller? Like this:
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RU-3230
But this is only 16,0 mm wide and not 16,5. Are the flange insides made from soft rubber or is this the reason that you take a filter with diameter 19 mm? Because the next bigger size of K&N filter which I found is 19 mm.

I thought that I need the filter for the vent line of the engine. This is
behind the plastik cover (each side one cover with 2 bolts).
Somebody in this forum wrote that he put of the original air cleaner and
likes it to have a box under the seat to put something in.
But the original air filter is the filter for the vent line of the engine,
too. So if you left out the original filter, you need one more filter with inside diameter 13 mm or your vent line has no filter.

Last edited:
crankcase breather

Jim1963 your correct about that. The crankcase must breathe or it will start pushing out gaskets.and leaking. They don't put out the presure or volume of say a harley so I just wired foam to the end of the hose to keep dirt out.Will pick up the little breather when I get a chance. I have noticed that most owners don't even know its there. Good catch. My air box Is now a drink cooler and if I diden't want oiley beers it should be disconected. Jack

Pig9r

It,s OK to leave it connected to the air box,but If u use it for storage the items will get a little warm.

Back