Planning for Florida Keys

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
My parents made four trips to the Keys with us kids, and I always enjoyed it.

Soon after I purchased the Rocket, I read with great interest the exploits shared by @R3Tex and even suggested joining him.

Life intruded for both of us, though I still harbor those thoughts.

I have a slight advantage for a winter trip in that my wife and I can board the Amtrak Auto Train that runs every day of the year between Lorton, VA and Sanford, FL.

Some other folks have recently mentioned wanting to go, and well, I offer this up as a place to perhaps bat around some ideas along this line.

Key West was our annual post xmas holidays trip. However, now that the grandkids never leave here its a bit harder to get away. Would still like to make that trip one more time

I am in! I can't speak for the weather in any given time of year or where we could all stay, but I am in.

I've thought about going down on Auto Train and working my way back from Sanford....but going all the way to Key West is probably more than my broken body wants to ride. Canada is just barely reachable for me. Nevertheless I would like to do Key West somehow or other some day.

The passenger train goes most of the way.
One year, I put the family and the family car (Prius) on the Auto Train, and we headed all the way down. Great trip.

I'm interested, depending on time and finances. I rode my Rocket from the Canadian border, where I live, to Key West a few years ago, just because I always wanted to.

Back