Pics of Roadster with Black Crash Bars on Front/Back?

germ79

The Guy That Asks All The Questions
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
I'm considering putting on some crash bars, but I don't want to take too much away from the look. I think if they are black it won't stand out too much? I'd love to see pics of what it looks like on the front/back if you have them!

Also, where can you get these things nowadays?!?

Thanks, guys!

They're the original Triumph ones, before they improved the strength so they are more a foot rest than any sort of protection. After the fix on the mounting point, they look basically the same, but are stronger. Visually, the German made ones, I think 1.5" diameter, look much much better imho.

Does anyone actually have these?
IMG_0050.jpeg

Those will bend like clay. Look at the top mount point, just like stock original Triumph parts (like mine). The newer design has a cast round elbow that is much stronger.

They're the original Triumph ones, before they improved the strength so they are more a foot rest than any sort of protection. After the fix on the mounting point, they look basically the same, but are stronger. Visually, the German made ones, I think 1.5" diameter, look much much better imho.
I have the later triumph on one & German on other. The 3rd will have later one's too when on the road.
The German are more chunkier & stronger I would say 👍

Bit of a bump, any fitting instructions for them? ive got a set and there's nothing, not even a clue
IMG_1899.jpeg
Yep, I have posted them a few times, they come with photos and it takes a while to figure without! ;) :(:roll::roll:
These same German design (and made?) Fehling bars are sold world wide by different re-sellers and brand names.
Fehling list them on their own Fehling parts listings for Triumph Rocket IIIs.
US Outlaw was a German or Austrian one with the instructions I posted.
Motea UK sell Black and Chrome versions as Craftride.
In Australia they are sold by Performance Triumph in Victoria.
I have had a couple of sets and have one on now. They do the job and my first pair one side needs a simple weld to replace a broken bracket from a dirt road off a few years ago.
If you search those names in Boid in the forums with my name as poster, you should discover them quick, if not holler and I'll re-post.

Found this Engine Axle Bolt in a bind during crash bar install

Last edited:
If ya like BEEFY, the 'ducks gut's' are the now custom order only 2" 50mm stainless bars from another European who bought the rights from the previous manufacturer.
They had some great optional front connecting SS air dams/ rock chuckers with or without laser cutout of Triumph / Rocket III etc optional cutouts.
2015 Prices below, Optional Black, + 150,--Euro

They would go great with my set of Aussie made Au$1000 Burleigh 2" stainless pull back handle bars but cost even more..... like Au$1500 + a few years ago!

I'll dig up the posts!

1709215509959.png

1709215435041.png
1709215470541.png

Hans Lamminger; have you tried dropping him a line to hlamminger@web.de or xlhans@web.de
2015 pricing
We have acquired the general distribution for the 50 mm engine guards.
The price for the guards (High-gloss, polished stainless steel) incl. spoiler is 625,-- Euros.
aux. headlight brackets, + 30,--Euro,
the pricing for black, + 150,--Euro
shipping charges, ca. 59,--Euro.
Burleigh 2" stainless T bars,
From Burleigh Bars 2016 catalog:
TRIUMPH ROCKET III
2R12-R3 2” Roller with 12” Rise – w/Optional Speedo Brackets $999.00
Note: The fitted photo below is of the smaller 1.5" version
1665211314123-jpeg.120512

1665211439570.jpeg

Last edited:
Back