Hi Mittzy, I’m as much in the dark as everyone. On the 26/5 I msgd him to see if he wanted to go to Peter K’s funeral and being late couldn’t due to work commitment, on the 5/6 I msgd him to see if he wanted to go on the Ride Like a Pro course held by Frasers. I rang a while later and it went thru to his voicemail which was someone saying they would return the call, which never happened. That was when I tried to contact him on facebook. Like several others, I looked up the death notices as it was hard to believe, more so since I hadn’t been notified from his phone contacts or his FB friends (only 30). Unfortunately the only death notice was for Ray Wilson who I rode with a lot in the 80’s. Ray was a original member of Sth Coast United Motorcycles Tourers, died at 63 (congenital liver). As Bruce mentioned, you need to put a value on your remaining time. No, Mike, Peter had never married. His passion was his bikes and numbers. He had a lot of mates he rode with, but being in his 40’s and them the same age, they either had family commitments, worked weekends, on 2nd marriages and wife wouldn’t let them - couldn’t financially etc, whereas I was none of those categories. He would ring every couple of weeks to go on a run and there were only a few occasions it with the same guys. I’ve just msgd his mate on FB to hopefully get contact details for you. Looking at his photos there is probably quite a few who would be unaware, Cusso Ken, he rode the last leg with Pete on the Torquay RDU, Paul (Coneye), Andy (Blastedbones) cause they are mostly dot com and there would be a number of others. He would have been in contact with a fair few people here, he could quote everything from HP, to what tyres people here were using, TPS values etc. He wanted to get the best out of everything. Ponters bike was often his topic of conversation, as was what was happening on the forum. I’d say unfortunately at a terrible his family and “regular” friends haven’t realised the importance his friends/contacts here were in his life.

Just wondering if he rode dirt bikes ? Maybe if it was not on a road it may not be reported like a road fatality. Just seems strange there are no reports anywhere regarding this.

Just wondering if he rode dirt bikes ? Maybe if it was not on a road it may not be reported like a road fatality. Just seems strange there are no reports anywhere regarding this.
No - his other bike was a Kawasaki gpz 900. I thought maybe he died in hospital? You would think his calls would have been returned, even if it had have been a work phone?

I checked the NSW Police reports as far back as your trip with him to Wauchope..... nothing there. Odd.

I suppose a collective letter from the forum members here could be nothing but beneficial. We MAY get a reply of some sort??

My vote would be to go for it, Mittzy.

Very sad that we cant get info. Would be nice to know what was involved in his final moments. Pete was often in contact via pm re wheels tyres etc as we both have the same wheels.

I often think back to his conversations with @HansO from rdu melbourne - lots of laughs. I'm not 100% sure but im guessing from his perfectionist attitude and precise knowledge i'm guessing Pete was an engineer or something of that ilk.

@Mittzy i am happy for my name to be included and positive @Malcy would be too (i havent read all posts so perhaps he has already commented. Not my place to speak for anyone but I know @Malcy appreciated Pete's attendance at RDU).

If we cant get any more info I'll try contacting a mate of mine in Sydney who might be able to find something out for us.

Gday blokes, just letting you know I've just email Father John from St Athanasios Greek church asking for details. Hopefully we'll hear back from him.

Was thinking the Greek community in Sydney would perhaps have some information. Know nothing about the commonality of Greek surnames but bet he has family in Sydney.

Gday blokes, just letting you know I've just email Father John from St Athanasios Greek church asking for details. Hopefully we'll hear back from him.

Ponters seems to have connections in all kinds of places.

If this doesn't work, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes straight to the top...........................

I just read this thread and as GRA said we rode the last leg home from RDU Melbourne together ,it was amazing to watch such a tiny little fellar ride the Rocket and tippy toeing it into a parking space ,RIP Pete I will remember your smiling face and gentle nature, GRA Mate I am sorry for the loss of your riding buddie,

Back