Penner tune for european Gt

Dickus

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket
It seems the Penner tune for the European Rocket GT (31012) is a stock tune and not modified. Etv3 tables are not 100%. Does anybody have the correct map with modifications?

It seems the Penner tune for the European Rocket GT (31012) is a stock tune and not modified. Etv3 tables are not 100%. Does anybody have the correct map with modifications?
31012Map.hex is a stock tune for All Markets GT with vins from 961597 to Av…The corresponding unrestricted Penner tune is All Markets Rocket GT No Restrictions 31012Map.hex.

Last edited:
Wasn't there some kind of mixup for this tune? - I think Ulf uploaded the wrong (stock) map before correcting the error later.

FWIW I used his US map for my UK GT and it works fine

Penner hasn’t posted unrestricted All Markets GT tunes for the newer bikes (vins after AV….).

31012Map.hex is a stock tune for All Markets GT with vins from 961597 to Av…The corresponding unrestricted Penner tune is All Markets Rocket GT No Restrictions 31012Map.hex.
This is the one with restrictions. All the other ones (US,R, TFC, Black etc) have 100% in all rpms at 91 and 100% ETV3

Last edited:
Wasn't there some kind of mixup for this tune? - I think Ulf uploaded the wrong (stock) map before correcting the error later.

FWIW I used his US map for my UK GT and it works fine
There was a mixup on the tune that was posted on the Tune ECU custom tunes site that I discovered and notified Ulf Penner about. It was in fact the factory tune that was posted but was promptly corrected by Penner and Tom Tom. This mixup was for the US and Canada Market late model GTs. Its factory Id number was 31249. Shortly after making them aware of the mixup the correct file was uploaded and I downloaded it and flashed my bike without a hitch. WOW is all I can say!!! The bike is now the way it should have come out of the factory.

There was a mixup on the tune that was posted on the Tune ECU custom tunes site that I discovered and notified Ulf Penner about. It was in fact the factory tune that was posted but was promptly corrected by Penner and Tom Tom. This mixup was for the US and Canada Market late model GTs. Its factory Id number was 31249. Shortly after making them aware of the mixup the correct file was uploaded and I downloaded it and flashed my bike without a hitch. WOW is all I can say!!! The bike is now the way it should have come out of the factory.
That was true for the new map but the original unrestricted 31012 hasn’t changed. Here is a comparison between Ulf’s and the stock etv3(4)

IMG_5349.jpeg

I think it's worthy of noting that when the tune restrictions are eliminated the factory tune designation remains the same. In other words a custom tune will still have the factory stock tune ID number. The quickest and easiest way IMO is to just look at the ETV 3 tables far right column to verify all cels are set at 100%. This will at the very least tell you that it's NOT the factory calibration. Further inspection would be needed to see what other edits if any, have been performed.

If you open this Penner tune, you see 31012 below the tables in the map tab. However, if you do a compare with the stock 31012, you see this below the table:

All Markets Rocket GT No Restrictions 31012 / 31012

Back