Ozrider (Les) Big Bore exhuast, 1st in world!

Kel,
Keep in mind it's very not tuned at the moment, 10:1 AFR for a big part of it and 14.5+ over 7500. There's a good bit of power left untapped at this point.

Thats 179lb-ft tuned vs 176lb-ft untuned....

Will follow up with fully tuned numbers on the 10th.

Kel,
Keep in mind it's very not tuned at the moment, 10:1 AFR for a big part of it and 14.5+ over 7500. There's a good bit of power left untapped at this point.

Thats 179lb-ft tuned vs 176lb-ft untuned....

Will follow up with fully tuned numbers on the 10th.
ok I didn't realise it wasn't tuned. Yeah looking at those AFR numbers it will improve heaps, good stuff mate;)

Yeah, I knew it was going to be way off today for the pipes, I had this appointment scheduled specifically for the stacks.

Looking at it it appears there's likely a good bit of midrange power to be found in the tune and maybe a little peak left hiding as well.

Now I can proceed with the very last power generating change I'll be making, and sadly, it can't be dyno validated, but instead requires a track to generate air pressure.
Can't you pinch the jet of a drone or something :whitstling: ? -

Or even a BIG workshop ventilator fed down into a duct - We're not talking MONSTER CFM. I assume we're talking a RAMMED AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM.

Now this is THE most interesting plot. This is allegedly the "best" way to make power, well frankly, it's not!! Going from open stacks to open TBs (-4.2hp/-10.7lb-ft). Again, about 2 minutes apart, NO other changes were made.
Forgive me if I misread your post, but Carpenter does not tune with just throttle bodies. He runs the stock velocity stacks, with no filters.

Now like everything else when it is all said and done the over all price will play a factor
How much does it cost to make some more HP, we all know the intake system and FULL exhaust-system(not slip on's) produce the best bang for the buck after these two parts it can be pretty expensive to gain more HP and Torque
Now some guys like our Rob does this for the love of doing it and gladly shares all info with us which we are very grateful, but for most it comes down to simple economics Dollar V HP

Forgive me if I misread your post, but Carpenter does not tune with just throttle bodies. He runs the stock velocity stacks, with no filters.

Was not aware of this, but, that being said then it further validates Ozriders work, and very clearly explains my open stacks plot vs Bob's plot perfectly. I really wish I'd thought about testing in that configuration, ill bring them in on the 10th. That simple change in conditions makes everything make sense man.

Back