Overpriced Motorcycles or What

It's all the High quality Chinese components that drives the price up? Lol. Though I do like all the metal/chrome parts over plastic parts, like most of the top end jappers!

Indian charges what they charge because they really want Harley customers and think they can get them. If they charged what the bikes were worth they'd get folks like us who actually ride our bikes and wear them out. That's no way to retain value! Frankly, I like what they are selling, I just aren't ever going to pay for one. Well maybe a Springfield......and fact is, I am one of the market that is dying off. I don't have all that many purchases left in me. They lost the millennials already, so they really want my nephew who I am molding into a rider. But he is going to be a lot more ecumenical in his choices than a committed HD rider. Money is going to be an early issue for him and he will choose what he can afford. He may get a fondness for it, and he'll ride that brand forever. But I won't stop him, I just want him to ride.

Well someone has to pay for advertising so it may as well be the end user.....

ahh Harley Davidson- yesterdays technology at tomorrows prices :)

in all seriousness HD focuses i believe on the distance rather than the quickness- their new Milwaukee Eight StreetGlide won Rider magazine's MC of the Year- must be doing something right. Sure their sales are down but its down industry wide this time of year

ahh Harley Davidson- yesterdays technology at tomorrows prices :)

in all seriousness HD focuses i believe on the distance rather than the quickness- their new Milwaukee Eight StreetGlide won Rider magazine's MC of the Year- must be doing something right. Sure their sales are down but its down industry wide this time of year
HA do you think HARLEY would do anything special to get a great roadtest report from the mags ?

Well, to be a little bit fair, the top of the range models from both Harley and Indian do have a lot of equipment that you can't get on any Triumph out of the factory. The Harleys do charge extra for "heritage", yada yada.

However, the Roadmaster Elite from Indian for $37 grand has a standard equipment list that can make an R3 Touring owner light green with envy. One might argue that this has nothing to do with the ride, but much of it would sure come in handy while touring. Overpriced still? Sure, but not outrageously so.

ABS; Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box; Cruise Control; Highway Bar; Keyless Ignition; Horizon Power Shield; Genuine Leather Seats; Remote Locking Hard Saddle Bags; Remote Locking Trunk; Tire Pressure Monitoring; 300 Watt Stereo with AM/FM, Bluetooth, USB, Smartphone Compatible Input, and Weatherband; Heated Rider & Passenger Seats; Heated Grips; Adjustable Passenger Floorboards; 36.2 Gallons of Storage.

Pathfinder LED Lights (headlight, driving lights, turn signals, tail light trunk, tail light, trunk interior light, and headdress fender light.)

Fairing mounted instrument cluster featuring analog speedometer and tachometer, with fuel gauge, range, odometer and current gear. 15 LED telltale indicators; cruise control enabled, cruise control set,neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, low tire pressure, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and MHP or km/h unit designation

7" Indian Touchscreen including realtime clock; ambient air temperature; heading; audio information display; vehicle trouble code readout; Vehicle Status (tire pressure, voltage, engine hours, oil change); Vehicle Info (speed, fuel range, RPM, gear position); Dual Trip Meters (fuel range, miles, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy time, average speed); Ride Data (heading, moving time, stop time, altitude, altitude change); Bluetooth connectivity for phone and headset; Map/Navigation

Well, to be a little bit fair, the top of the range models from both Harley and Indian do have a lot of equipment that you can't get on any Triumph out of the factory. The Harleys do charge extra for "heritage", yada yada.

However, the Roadmaster Elite from Indian for $37 grand has a standard equipment list that can make an R3 Touring owner light green with envy. One might argue that this has nothing to do with the ride, but much of it would sure come in handy while touring. Overpriced still? Sure, but not outrageously so.

ABS; Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box; Cruise Control; Highway Bar; Keyless Ignition; Horizon Power Shield; Genuine Leather Seats; Remote Locking Hard Saddle Bags; Remote Locking Trunk; Tire Pressure Monitoring; 300 Watt Stereo with AM/FM, Bluetooth, USB, Smartphone Compatible Input, and Weatherband; Heated Rider & Passenger Seats; Heated Grips; Adjustable Passenger Floorboards; 36.2 Gallons of Storage.

Pathfinder LED Lights (headlight, driving lights, turn signals, tail light trunk, tail light, trunk interior light, and headdress fender light.)

Fairing mounted instrument cluster featuring analog speedometer and tachometer, with fuel gauge, range, odometer and current gear. 15 LED telltale indicators; cruise control enabled, cruise control set,neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, low tire pressure, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and MHP or km/h unit designation

7" Indian Touchscreen including realtime clock; ambient air temperature; heading; audio information display; vehicle trouble code readout; Vehicle Status (tire pressure, voltage, engine hours, oil change); Vehicle Info (speed, fuel range, RPM, gear position); Dual Trip Meters (fuel range, miles, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy time, average speed); Ride Data (heading, moving time, stop time, altitude, altitude change); Bluetooth connectivity for phone and headset; Map/Navigation

Very true....some riders love all this....good friends of mine do and that's why they ride Indians...me, I still like a good strongly built and genuine power pack under me..to me, its why I ride...I love the surge of power making that rich noise like a hundred well oiled sewing machines ....watching the Indians and Harleys getting smaller in my mirrors...its good for the soul!....I might change later in life I spose???...but I'm 68 now so I'm not holding my breath!!

Back