Overpriced Motorcycles or What

TorontoRider

.040 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Touring 2010
Recently I checked Harley's and Indian's. I still can't get it straight that how can a motorcycle Cost $45,000.00 plus plus. What do they put in it or how can they justify this ridiculous price for a Two Wheeler.
A fully loaded Mercedes CLA has a sticker price of $48,000.00. It is probably 10 times in weight and 10 times superior in technology.
I think these brands are way overpriced and need to get their facts together. Most of the Japanese bikes are far more superior in technology and are still better priced.
Just my rant for the day.

I think the prices will start to drop. Their target riders are starting to disappear. I think this may be why they bought Ducati so they might start to bridge the gap with younger riders.

Easy,

1, Some folks want at least what they consider American made only. (Thinking US customer only)

2, $50K is a lot for us poor folks but I know a few guy’s that’s really not that much money.

3, You can't “take it with you”.

4, Major bragging rights.
ALL overpriced low tech under powered bling wagons that the public isnt interested in and thats why they are not selling .

In the UK there is somewhat snobbery about everything American. For example - must have a Dodge Ram, Harley, Pontiac etc etc. There is a one up manship that likes bigger and better. I once worked for a well known businessman who built an American Diner for the staff - he had 2 Harleys just for props inside the diner. Trouble is now - our generation is getting on - younger riders seek speed ( wannabe Valentino Rossi etc) the Harleys will have to change to keep that market share. Just an opinion....

I personally like Harley styling and loved how my roadglide handled. It would take something big for me to go back to HD or even Indian. I would love to see some innovation in engine design. I think a water cooled 4 cylinder would be awesome (2400ccs+). Apparently we are a rare breed of rider that wants a high tech, high horsepowered ride that simply hauls ass and I know we all deviate in riding styles from there. Would I be interested in a totally cruiserfied rocket with all the bells and whistles? Hell yes. I know for a lot of you that would be a total waste as you are looking to get it as light as possible. And from there everything in between. With the price Harley and Indian are expecting the bike should be built custom to the rider. They are not and the parts are still lacking to build any power other than slightly higher than stock. Hopefully they figure it out because I like motorcycles. Old ones and new ones. Cheap ones and expensive ones. I just love to ride.

Back