Without going backward, I do know of at least 2 bikes that have Eagles on the rear but I also know that both bikes are mainly rode in the vertical or slightly out of the vertical position 99% of the time.

Having said that, The ME880 looks half worn out when it's new, at least to me. There isn't much tread depth and not much tread anyways. It's almost like planned obsolescence. I realize the tread pattern is a sport bike pattern and I fully expected the tire to hydroplane on wet pavement which it didn't. That surprised me.

I guess we will all have to adopt a 'wait and see' attitude. Hopefully, your first article test will come back as uneventful.

I have already talked to the local goodyear dealer and he is sure he can mount it for me, it takes a couple days to order so I plan on tear down on wednesday. I will surely report my results. (if the monsoon season is over by then)

I forgot to mention my Triumph dealer refused to mount a eagle on the rim. Claimes for "Liabiliaty" reasons.

That's not unlike Lifecycle. If the Eagle proves viable, I'm sure there will be quite a few requests for LifeCycle to mount them (me for one and probably Bart too) and in as much as they stock Metz, they are making a few dinaro's on the tire. They ain't making squat on the Goodyear. Better to sell you a Metz every 5 or so and make 20 bucks plus mounting and balancing labor than mount an Eagle anf get nothing but the labor. I have a feeling the Goodyear shop will be doing all your mounting in the future, even if you go back to the Metz or the new Avon.

Upside down??

I hate when that happens.:confused: It did include audio and did I hear metal on pavement? If Metzler would provide a bit more meat on the center where we wear it the most then they would be prosumer. However when Avon comes out with their equally expensive counter to Metzler will the mileage increase? I just spent a mint on all new rubber and have changed my riding habits to accommodate this issue. I like using the whole tire since I paid for it but not many places here to do that.:( I'm thinking of getting another rear wheel so I can change as needs change.

I'm thinking of getting another rear wheel so I can change as needs change.

That's an idea. Offhand, I know of a wrecked R3. The guy panicked when a car turned in front of him last spring and locked the rear with no front brake at all. The bike sustained heavy front end damage. So did the rider. He don't ride anything anymore. The bike was, last time I checked, in a salvage yard off I-75. Everything from mid-tank forward is junk, but the rear looked undamaged.....I'll have to go check again.

He was going less than 35 mph by the way.

I'm waiting anxiously for Gunshots opinions about the Eagle, which, is the most popular rear tire in the sidecar crowd. Even though the 'upside down vid' is a little telling, with a high aspect ratio and prudent over inflation you should be able to increase the contact patch. Besides, the Eagle has at least twice the tread depth of the Metz. A new Metz has right around 1/8 - 3/16" groove depth and interestingly, the DOT's requirements for minimum safe tread depth is 1/8" on a front tire and 1/16" on the rear. That big, fat rear tire looks kewl, but tire life sucks. I drive my car and ride my bike very conservatively. I usually get 100K on car tires, I'd like to get at least 15K on a bike tire.

Wednesday is here but no tire yet, should be in tomorrow, its guna rain so I think I'll pull the wheel and be ready when it comes in.

Back