One of, if not the first, Rocket 3 Black Editions in the US

lonelyAngels

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 GT Black Edition
Hello All!
Just received the GT Black Edition on Saturday. I placed my deposit mid March and was called by the dealer in the second week of April to let me know it was on the way. I have no way of verifying this, but he said only 6 Black Edition bikes made it to the US and there will be no more for 2ish months due to the Suez canal backup. I felt extremely lucky that my VIN made it through!

I ordered the GT because I like the look, handlebars, pillion seat and heated grips. However, I did not want the forward foot controls. I ordered mid-foot controls to be installed at delivery. Unfortunately the dealer ordered the standard finish controls instead of the black ones, but they will be replacing the silver with black at the 600 mile service. Apparently it will take about a month to get them as they are shipping from Triumph directly. The handlebars of the GT with the mid-foot controls of the R should be a factory option. It's the perfect setup for this bike imho.

I'm a former amateur road racer, adventure ride, tour, and street ride as much as possible. I say that to say I like to think I have a decent and broad spectrum of bikes and riding. THIS BIKE IS F@#$ING AWESOME! I've ridden it about 150 miles over 2 days and I'm enamored with it. What an amazing piece of machinery. This is my first Triumph and I am thoroughly impressed.

I promise to get some better/more pics over the next few days, but it decided to start randomly snowing here today. Don't mind the ugly silver foot controls, they are getting replaced soon!

IMG_1312.jpg

Hello All!
Just received the GT Black Edition on Saturday. I placed my deposit mid March and was called by the dealer in the second week of April to let me know it was on the way. I have no way of verifying this, but he said only 6 Black Edition bikes made it to the US and there will be no more for 2ish months due to the Suez canal backup. I felt extremely lucky that my VIN made it through!

I ordered the GT because I like the look, handlebars, pillion seat and heated grips. However, I did not want the forward foot controls. I ordered mid-foot controls to be installed at delivery. Unfortunately the dealer ordered the standard finish controls instead of the black ones, but they will be replacing the silver with black at the 600 mile service. Apparently it will take about a month to get them as they are shipping from Triumph directly. The handlebars of the GT with the mid-foot controls of the R should be a factory option. It's the perfect setup for this bike imho.

I'm a former amateur road racer, adventure ride, tour, and street ride as much as possible. I say that to say I like to think I have a decent and broad spectrum of bikes and riding. THIS BIKE IS F@#$ING AWESOME! I've ridden it about 150 miles over 2 days and I'm enamored with it. What an amazing piece of machinery. This is my first Triumph and I am thoroughly impressed.

I promise to get some better/more pics over the next few days, but it decided to start randomly snowing here today. Don't mind the ugly silver foot controls, they are getting replaced soon!

IMG_1312.jpg
Nice look !
I half to agree with you......
I have the R and I love the mid controls, Im getting ready to order the GT handle bars. Investigating if I need to replace the hydraulic break and clutch lines.
you can’t go wrong with black !
enjoy.......

CONGRATS!!! Lookin' sharp... :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Back