Oil tank line grease?

leatal

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Roadster, 2020 Rocket GT
Changing the three oil rings in the bottom of the oil tank. Upon removal, I noticed the 2" metal tube with the two oil rings attached was covered with clear grease (looks like electrical grease). Anyone know what type of grease should be applied upon reinstall?

Changing the three oil rings in the bottom of the oil tank. Upon removal, I noticed the 2" metal tube with the two oil rings attached was covered with clear grease (looks like electrical grease). Anyone know what type of grease should be applied upon reinstall?
if your talking about the oil tank feed to pump which is in front and the one in the rear which is oil return anyway what your probably see is petroleum grease. Its so the O rings slide in without getting cut or damaged. You can even use engine oil if you want or any grease as it does not take much.

Only the rear extension pipe with the two O-rings had grease. Quite a bit of grease between the O-rings. Seemed at lease two tablespoons as the entire gap between the pipe and the case was full of grease. Perhaps put there to prevent corrosion and keep water from seeping into case hole above the lower O-ring?

Or cosmoline part in packaging that didn't get wiped off before assembly

9e881498a353128a81e5b9a3bcbfcf63efd02ba5568e72044650f884afff3d0a.jpg

Only the rear extension pipe with the two O-rings had grease. Quite a bit of grease between the O-rings. Seemed at lease two tablespoons as the entire gap between the pipe and the case was full of grease. Perhaps put there to prevent corrosion and keep water from seeping into case hole above the lower O-ring?
I'd say your probably right then

Back