I would just clean the non return valve its just a snap ring to take it apart. Yellow arrow, green arrow points to the area you can see to check the oil spray jets.
20200314_153524.jpg
when I get to my computer I'll post a sump picture showing the bolts and the one usually missed.

Thanks again. Fantastic. Just one thing, if the sump plate is off and I top up the oil tank will the oil just run straight through as the oil drain plug is fitted in the sump plate and it will be removed. (or am I being dumb asking this?)

I would just clean the non return valve its just a snap ring to take it apart. Yellow arrow, green arrow points to the area you can see to check the oil spray jets.
20200314_153524.jpg
when I get to my computer I'll post a sump picture showing the bolts and the one usually missed.

Is there hidden bolts to remove the sump?

20200314_153524.jpg

Thanks @warp9.9 for posting pictures and explaining what to clean and check.

My Roadster has 37k miles with the original drain plug O-ring. Before the last oil change I noticed the oil level was dropping about 1 inch overnight. At the last oil change (2k miles ago) I noticed the O-ring wasn't protruding out of its groove very far, but it wasn't cut or damaged, that I could see. Now the oil level falls to about half full after 2 hours of riding, and the tank is completely empty overnight. The oil light goes out less than one second after cold start up, so I haven't been too concerned.

At the next oil change I will drop the sump, strip and clean the non-return valve and check for oil spray jet leakage. I will fit a new O-ring, of course. I'll be watching this thread for more insights before tackling this job. Thanks again.

Thanks @warp9.9 for posting pictures and explaining what to clean and check.

My Roadster has 37k miles with the original drain plug O-ring. Before the last oil change I noticed the oil level was dropping about 1 inch overnight. At the last oil change (2k miles ago) I noticed the O-ring wasn't protruding out of its groove very far, but it wasn't cut or damaged, that I could see. Now the oil level falls to about half full after 2 hours of riding, and the tank is completely empty overnight. The oil light goes out less than one second after cold start up, so I haven't been too concerned.

At the next oil change I will drop the sump, strip and clean the non-return valve and check for oil spray jet leakage. I will fit a new O-ring, of course. I'll be watching this thread for more insights before tackling this job. Thanks again.

I have the same thing but mine takes 3 days to drain down. I intend to drop the sump plate within the next couple of weeks as I suspect the check valve.
I have syphoned out the oil in the tank and measured how much it holds and I took out 4 litres. If it's draining down 4 litres in 3 days it is 1.3 litres every 24 hours. If yours is draining in 2 hours surely it must be the check valve too! It does seem a common thing though.

Back