Oil leak on left side under cooper washer

Theres porosity in the casting . I want to stop oil before it gets that high up
I think I have better chance to stop sipping oil if I straight up the aluminum podium for the bolt and install twice thickness off new washer in 2mm and add hondabond just in case from bottom and top of washer (exorcism rite #032164367) and tighten it all the way up and call it today! Oring is rubber and engine runs super hot so I don’t know for how long it will holding up !! I even add 400ml royal purple ice super cooler in to the radiator and engine hotness was 5/8 squares still same in hot day don’t change , in colder day it drop half square 4.5!! So will se which way is working;)

Updated on my oil leak!!!!!

So I can say on my case it was scratched and kind off corroded meeting surfaces between cast podium and cooper washer!

So I did 5-6 time different cooper sizes washers and aluminum with bonded in oring inside and without with and without hondabond HT and noting was helping more than 3-4 weeks And if you don’t pass 3500-4000prm but this bike build not for grandma ride style but full potential 3 seconds to 60;) main reason I bought it!!!!

Dealer don’t know nothing and trying to convince me the oil dripping from intake on the bolt!!!!

So I thought it’s last time I try to do something my self before believing in another dealer fairytale story about porosity in casting and brake all bike in to the million pieces and sand transmission cover in magic resin impregnation s#it and all it will cost me left kidney to do it and no 100% it will be fixed !!

So I take triangle file and start filing from inside out one pass after another flip file and constant cleaning till the podium was nice straight and without any dip scratches !!!

After I wrap file with 220 grid sand paper and tape it with painter tape and same technique was doing sanding from inside out and flipped on another side and constant cleaning till surface became mirror and sand paper did not grip any more!!

It take me half day 4-5 hours with light behind me and sitting position on the floor than I spray brake cleaner and put new cooper washer with 2mm thickness small amount Hondabond HD only on washer and tight it down till wrench was spinning and after 30 minutes I take first ride everything was dry after!!

So I was constantly checking every day for leaks last two months and ride it on first gear up to 64 mph all the time!!! So it’s clean and dry and I’m happy I don’t need to sale my rocket;)

For sure it was bad turning process on factory they cutting aluminum case with too higher speed and chips from aluminum was falling down under the cutter and was mangled surface under the cutter!! If the cutter feed was slower then aluminum shavings will be one long curling pice which was falling down from working table and surface was mirror clean all rocket owners newer now this problem!!!
First picture shows bad surface before I did sanding and filing and another two one month different between!!! Don’t believe in dealer traps and try to do it before and only after it still leaks take a bike a part!! If you going to do it tape with painter tape all black parts around before processing to filing!!! Easy way to do it is probably to take intake off !!! Good luck for all you guys!!!!

Attachments

• 4D10E4A0-6B3E-4406-BA88-76A4504BF506.jpeg
    4D10E4A0-6B3E-4406-BA88-76A4504BF506.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 68
  • 41C9CD50-E831-4DA4-8E60-F4DFCF531094.jpeg
    41C9CD50-E831-4DA4-8E60-F4DFCF531094.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 2FCC750E-189E-4724-808C-149E1103CA25.jpeg
    2FCC750E-189E-4724-808C-149E1103CA25.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 69
You did the right thing and took control of this problem and made the right fix for it. Congratulations on a job well done.

Just an FYI about the spelling. The reddish/orange soft color metal like US Pennies are made from is Copper. Just like the washer you are talking about. In English we pronounce it something like we would say "Cop like a Policeman".
The word Cooper refers to the barrel making business. We pronounce it something like we would say The fox got in the "Chicken Coop".

You did the right thing and took control of this problem and made the right fix for it. Congratulations on a job well done.

Just an FYI about the spelling. The reddish/orange soft color metal like US Pennies are made from is Copper. Just like the washer you are talking about. In English we pronounce it something like we would say "Cop like a Policeman".
The word Cooper refers to the barrel making business. We pronounce it something like we would say The fox got in the "Chicken Coop".
English my second or third language I’m originally from Ukraine and came to USA back in 2008 in age 25 after finishing my bachelor degree in engineering mechanics and and service one year in Ukrainian army in Air Force!! So newer have opportunity to go university in USA only two classes of English second language all education I have here!!
I came alone with 300$ in my pocket and have to work hard to get to the point I’m now! So sorry for misspelling !!

Great job on your fix. I had this problem. It was corrected under warranty at great expense to Triumph and/or the dealer. I can't imagine having to deal with their solution if the warranty had run out.

Update on washer and oil leak fix !!!! All season went well DRY DRY AND DRY!! Fix was permanent!! Bad machining surface that is all
NO f@ck!ng porosity in casting
NO f@ck!ng resin impregnation needed!!!!!
File it down and sand with 220 grid sand paper ONLY!!! Don’t pay money to steallership for SCAM they are run on sale usually;) !!!!

Last edited:
Another riding season passed and NO OIL DROPPED FROM UNDER WASHER!! Fix was permanent keep two wheels down and bee safe out there!!

Back