Oil leak on left side under cooper washer

Hi guys reporting back who was interested in progress with my fight on oil leak under washer!! Like I posted last time Hondabond HT did it job nicely after 6 days of constant using with a lot of driving in city stop lights and idling on parking lot I glad to saying it is DRY!!!! I assume the problem was in machining flat surface under the bolt washer and on my case it wasn’t! On picture it looks like it was gauge on washer surface!! So easy fix I can say now, 14$ hondabond HT and 15 min with the 12mm wranch and bit of blue lucktight !!
Thank you for your explanations and update
I'm glad you managed to fix the leak
i have the same issue, my dealership mechanic tells me that this is a well known problem by Triumph and they are dealing with it under warranty. They dismantle the cover and send it to UK for treatment. As my bike is still under warranty, I prefer to let them do it.

Thank you for your explanations and update
I'm glad you managed to fix the leak
i have the same issue, my dealership mechanic tells me that this is a well known problem by Triumph and they are dealing with it under warranty. They dismantle the cover and send it to UK for treatment. As my bike is still under warranty, I prefer to let them do it.
In your case maybe Yes! In my case No warranty at this point, and I would like to drive my bike till raining season starts, don’t want to spend thousands on repair bills and I don’t trust mechanic to disassemble half my bike and then don’t put together in Correct way if I can manage do it myself!!

In your case maybe Yes! In my case No warranty at this point, and I would like to drive my bike till raining season starts, don’t want to spend thousands on repair bills and I don’t trust mechanic to disassemble half my bike and then don’t put together in Correct way if I can manage do it myself!!
Another option is to just put a Harley emblem on it and call it good.

Another option is to just put a Harley emblem on it and call it good.
Regular air cooled version off Harley has that kind off issue all the time heard from couple people!! Do my Vrod muscle for 3 years did not drop a bit off oil!! Basically it was Porsche not Harley my mistake you right;)

Updated news on 2022 season oil sipping still presents after last attempt off fixing the bike! So was no leaks all months on 2021 September than I left bike for winter time in garage and on spring after oil change I hit full throttle on the bike after long time no riding and made one hour trip to see my friend and oil sipping started again!! Ordered new washer with 18x8x2 mm and will try to perform one more rite off exorcism soon! Will keep you posted on results

Just so you know my bike acts the exact same way. I'm thinking oil level slightly higher upon change. Mine seeped for about 4 days of riding then hasn't leaked since. I ride at least 80 miles a day to work. I'm going to machine a groove in my bolt to install an o-ring half way down the bore. See if that fixes it once and for all. Will keep you updated

Just so you know my bike acts the exact same way. I'm thinking oil level slightly higher upon change. Mine seeped for about 4 days of riding then hasn't leaked since. I ride at least 80 miles a day to work. I'm going to machine a groove in my bolt to install an o-ring half way down the bore. See if that fixes it once and for all. Will keep you updated
I was thinking about that my self it smart idea! I think to use file wrapped on 220 grid sand paper and try to sand flat spot on castings without removing and disassembling all bike! In my opinion surface is uneven and scratched like with corrosion craters from my changing probably 6 different washers!! If we combine ours two ideas it probably will fix it once and forever!!

Attachments

• E4454550-C68A-4B86-9A3E-DD6D17E2F64B.jpeg
    E4454550-C68A-4B86-9A3E-DD6D17E2F64B.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 27
why not use a deburr tool to make a little recess so u can seal (oring) between bolt and aluminum
jmo

Back