Oil leak on left side under cooper washer

20R3GT

.040 Over
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3GT
I’m new for forum so I hope some one have any ideas about what and how it can be done without kidney sale and go with all those money in to the robbers triumph shops!! Small almost invisible leak aper on left side off motorcycle rocket3 gt 2020 under intake! Did try myself tightening that bolt not much movement did not help still same! Have any body have idea if I can unscrew and replace that washer for new one without disassembling intake and half bike in general??

Attachments

• BC0E808E-CFD5-4847-A7F8-F7EF2BB79BC1.jpeg
    BC0E808E-CFD5-4847-A7F8-F7EF2BB79BC1.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 151
Yes the bolt will come out on itself!
There's two fixes triumph is employing to fix this.
1) first pull the bolt and use a special sealing washer with a built in o-ring.
2) if #1 doesn't work out pull the whole cover and send to the factory to impregnate.

I would remove the bolt get either a sealing washer or clean real well and rtv above and below the brass washer.

Been there lol

2) if #1 doesn't work out pull the whole cover and send to the factory to impregnate.

I would remove the bolt get either a sealing washer or clean real well and rtv above and below the brass washer.

Been there lol
Thx so much for tip! I will try first change cooper washer or another washer with build in oring will see if it works if not than rtv still sounds much better than take a off all cover out !! Today after work will stop by in auto store and will see what they have! Thx a lot

No problem!
The messed up part is triumph wants the dealers to pull the whole engine to remove the cover!!! I don't know why the cover is removable without removing the engine.......
Man all know they trying to robbing people as much they can and you can not say nothing because you not understand what they will doing!!! Not in my case I’m not super mechanic but trust my arms more than that pirate! I was thinking to the salesman and ask them if they will be ok if I buy bike from someone else if they did not dropped the price, and he told me to he don’t care from when you buy bike they still be fixed it because all money they make on service not much on sales

Been there lol
Replace cooper washer on special with oring inside tonight will keep you posted if oil still sipping

Attachments

• C3B8B19F-BB41-473A-B41B-6A11B760ED09.jpeg
    C3B8B19F-BB41-473A-B41B-6A11B760ED09.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 46
I’m new for forum so I hope some one have any ideas about what and how it can be done without kidney sale and go with all those money in to the robbers triumph shops!! Small almost invisible leak aper on left side off motorcycle rocket3 gt 2020 under intake! Did try myself tightening that bolt not much movement did not help still same! Have any body have idea if I can unscrew and replace that washer for new one without disassembling intake and half bike in general??
I had the same issue, was fixed under warranty, not sure what was done, but all good now.

Back