and there is that scott filter expensive but reusable for ever and the big plus is that when you unscrew the two part you can actually see what got deposited on the bottom of the filter giving you a true picture of the health of your engine you run a magnet over the deposit and right away you'll see if you are preventing a big cashola outlay or not prevention worth the $ 200 and never buy another filter that
is how we check filter on radial engines on airplanes

Advance auto parts was having a sale they have Mobil one r4t that are takes they were running a special if you got the Mobil one they gave you a filter for free that's the kind of deal I like takes a dollar or so off each quart all help appreciated :D

If you are looking for a high end Nano fiber oil filter I use the AMSOIL EaOM 103. This is a black filter. It cost more then paper filters but the nano fiber material doesn't degrade under heat, has great flow volume and the filter efficiency is 98.70% Absolute at 15 microns vs 39.39% for conventional paper filter. Costs more but protection is priceless. They make nano fiber oil filters that I can use on my car too.

The Amsoil filter also is offered in Chrome. Its the EaOM103C. Excellent Filter!

Let me make this easy for you.
Nearly all motorcycle external oil filters that are not for Suzukis or HD fit the same bikes.

They all have the same sealing diameter, as well as thread diameter and pitch. Suzuki uses a 1.0 thread pitch, and everything else uses a 1.25 pitch.

If you are not going to use the longer Purolator Pure One filter, use the EMGO microglass filter. Get as much filtration and flow as possible for your hard earned money, and a bypass valve that doesn't open until it should.

In the shop, I stock K&N filters for HD in black and chrome (the EMGO filter is actually a better unit), and two EMGO microglass part numbers. One for Suzuki, and one for everything else.

I highly recommend the EMGO microglass (not the paper media) filters. The filter media is excellent, and the flow rate and bypass valve are top shelf, but the price is reasonable - especially if you shop around. We actually see a hp difference from improved flow on high revving sport bikes.

I hope this helps.

This is good poop - thanks Tripp. Coincidentally, I was doing my 1st 500 mile oil change and discovered the NAPA NPS PS 1358 filter I was using was the same size as those used by my V2K and on my brothers Stratoliner. I shall use that EMGO microglass in the future.
Best Regards,
1olbull

got me a scotts performance filter

and boy, it is a stunning piece of kit. really stunning quality, easy to see where the money goes and i like the idea of checking whats going on easily.

thumbs up for those that recommended it. thanks

got me a scotts performance filter

and boy, it is a stunning piece of kit. really stunning quality, easy to see where the money goes and i like the idea of checking whats going on easily.

thumbs up for those that recommended it. thanks

smart move !!

Back