I also use the one that my VTX 1300 used. Same size as factory and the chrome cover fits perfect. I use hiflo filters.

Question. The filters might fit, but has any body researched the by pass valve pressure settings to make sure these filters that are listed are the same specification as the Triumph filter?

If I remember right, the oil pressure on these engines is as low as the compression. The number was low, but I can't remember what it was. It was a little shocking to me until I thought about the redline ... I'm sure someone around these parts will know the pressure specs and throw down some numbers for us.

Your concern is a valid one, but after learning who makes filters and how many names get painted on the cans at the end of the same assembly line I lost my brand preference.

Let me make this easy for you.
Nearly all motorcycle external oil filters that are not for Suzukis or HD fit the same bikes.

They all have the same sealing diameter, as well as thread diameter and pitch. Suzuki uses a 1.0 thread pitch, and everything else uses a 1.25 pitch.

If you are not going to use the longer Purolator Pure One filter, use the EMGO microglass filter. Get as much filtration and flow as possible for your hard earned money, and a bypass valve that doesn't open until it should.

In the shop, I stock K&N filters for HD in black and chrome (the EMGO filter is actually a better unit), and two EMGO microglass part numbers. One for Suzuki, and one for everything else.

I highly recommend the EMGO microglass (not the paper media) filters. The filter media is excellent, and the flow rate and bypass valve are top shelf, but the price is reasonable - especially if you shop around. We actually see a hp difference from improved flow on high revving sport bikes.

I hope this helps.

Rocket III oil filter

If you are looking for a high end Nano fiber oil filter I use the AMSOIL EaOM 103. This is a black filter. It cost more then paper filters but the nano fiber material doesn't degrade under heat, has great flow volume and the filter efficiency is 98.70% Absolute at 15 microns vs 39.39% for conventional paper filter. Costs more but protection is priceless. They make nano fiber oil filters that I can use on my car too.

Back