RockOn
Turbocharged
- Joined
- Feb 22, 2018
- Messages
- 658
- Location
- Escondido, CA
- Ride
- '06 R3 Classic, '08 R3T, '15 R3 Roadster ABS
Planning an engine oil change for my 2015 Roadster, ABS model. Currently at 9010 miles. Bought it 600 miles ago online and shipped from a guy who misled me about cosmetic issues which I have fixed. He claims he changed the oil, "recently" when I bought it at 8400 miles. Bike starts up instantly, idles great, runs great, sounds great but being the suspicious old fart, I am going to change the oil as I have done with my other two Rockets. I used Mobile 1 4T racing 10/40 in those but this time for this 2015 Roadster I ordered and have today received a 4L bottle of Motul 7100 4T 10-40 oil. Cost a fortune on Amazon, with tax over $100 bucks. 4L =1.2 gallons. Nearly 1.5 qts. short of the 5.6-6 qts. required. So, a quart of Motul varies between 26 and 30 bucks a quart, good F...ing grief. So, my question is: Is it okay to use another brand 10-40 full syn 4T oil to mix with the Motul 10-40 4T full syn oil? Valvoline, Mobil 1 and other brands of full syn 4T racing type oils are half the cost of Motul. So, what do you think, okay or not? Yes, I can afford to pay the outrageous cost of Motul but I'd like to think I am exercising some kind of fiscal restraint, once in a long while. 
Last edited: