Oil change filter problem

Man, this is getting to look like your typical oil type thread. Put the bike on it's sidestand. Stand it upright. Sit on the seat. Warm the engine up. Wait for it to cool a bit etc etc etc... These comments are all good... but

I just look to see if the oil line is between the marks on the stick then ride. With 6 liters in the engine (2300 model) a quarter of a liter more or less won't matter.... Maybe it's the mechanic in me but I wouldn't worry too much about where it really is on the stick, so long as it's on the stick. :)

Does make it easier to see!!
@sonnie : Thanks! Tried to measure the oil level yesterday and was taken by suprise that the complete stick had oil on it, impossible to tell what the level was. Will try your procedure.
You mean after you removed stick, wiped clean, reinserted, withdrew and stick had oil entire length?
There's that darn horse again!

After removing the stick, its good to wait a few mins for the oil in the tube to drain back.. The flat stick on the new Rocket seems to collect a lot of oil
on withdrawal and then runs down the stick so you cant see the actual level.. 2 or 3 mins does it.

Back