Odd Vibration

Agreed about the tire starting to delaminate.

Agree completely. Defective tires usually delaminate over time, leading to a progressively worse vibration issue until a bulge, wobble in the tread, or burst tire, etc takes place. Wasn't there a recall issue with some of the Avons on the new R3???
I have a similar rhythmic vibration, like running over rough pavement, more noticable the faster you go. 3 little bumps then nothing, then 3 bumps again..
have 3 thousand miles and this is Just now happening. I think its something wrong inside my rear tire, maybe. Last ride , during a break, found a piece of metal sticking in tire. Kind of flat. Bout 3mm wide. Pulled it out slow looking for leak. Penetrated 12mm. No leak. Vibration started about 80 miles later, before I got home. Maybe coincidence , maybe cord was damaged. Have appointment with dealer. Will update.

I have a similar rhythmic vibration, like running over rough pavement, more noticable the faster you go. 3 little bumps then nothing, then 3 bumps again..
have 3 thousand miles and this is Just now happening. I think its something wrong inside my rear tire, maybe. Last ride , during a break, found a piece of metal sticking in tire. Kind of flat. Bout 3mm wide. Pulled it out slow looking for leak. Penetrated 12mm. No leak. Vibration started about 80 miles later, before I got home. Maybe coincidence , maybe cord was damaged. Have appointment with dealer. Will update.

The piece of metal may not have gone through and punctured the tyre but may have penetrated or separated the wind on metal cord creating an imbalance of some sort. ?

Hope you throw out that tire, it does suck

Back