Not done, but looking for suggestions...

RetiredLEO

.020 Over
Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket 3
20171012_175905.jpg
20171012_175935.jpg 20171012_180009.jpg

Totally depends on what you're trying to do, or would like to do. Then run that up against your budget, and voila, you'll be as close to nirvana as any of us.

Looks like you have a great start on wherever is your destination.

Totally depends on what you're trying to do, or would like to do. Then run that up against your budget, and voila, you'll be as close to nirvana as any of us.

Looks like you have a great start on wherever is your destination.

I'm trying to decide on the RamAir or K&N's. Also wonder what the reason would be, if any, to go with a PCV rather than the less expensive PCIII. ANY THOUGHTS?

I would suggest you use the search function on the site, and you'll find many thoughts on both topics.

In my simple mind, it still gets back to what you want to do with your bike, and how far are you willing to go ?

In general, RamAIR is an easy path to eliminating a bunch of plumbing for the engine air with an easy to install kit.

Some folks say you will fall short of potential with RamAIR, and will say you need K&N.

Of course, K&N come in different flavors, so again, you need to answer the question, what do you want to do with your bike.

As for the aftermarket controls, I suggest the jury is still out.

That is, the people who have purchased them, and talk about it, generally swear by them. Of course, you don't hear from folks who got it and thought it would be something else, and are disappointed. While it may have other virtues, you'll find it easier to get the bike tuned by a places with the dynamometer if you have PCV, because that is a real time adjustment system that the tuner can work while the bike is running and being measured. With Tune ECU for example, it is much slower and potentially less precise since one runs the engine, takes measurements, shut everything down -- make adjustments to the fuel/air ratio tables, re-flash the ECU, and repeat. This is labor and time intensive making it a much more expensive approach.

Or you might be satisfied as many here are, with a map from the library of @HansO - which will get you close, for the cost of a little lower fuel mileage, and generally higher fun quotient.

I'm trying to decide on the RamAir or K&N's. Also wonder what the reason would be, if any, to go with a PCV rather than the less expensive PCIII. ANY THOUGHTS?
Ramair was designed by an ex-forum member. PCV is more technical than PCIII - which may or may not discourage you. But has one huge advantage - The Autotune addon.

btw - I like that tailpipe. Neatly done.

Black the radiator shrouds, and your going to get really sick of cleaning sh!t off the front of your engine with that bikini front guard. Lower the seat and get "T Bars".
Just my preferences, if your going to do the miles that these bikes demand you do. Unless you are just going for a Latte and smashed Avocado on the weekend.

Back