Not done, but looking for suggestions...

I'm trying to decide on the RamAir or K&N's. Also wonder what the reason would be, if any, to go with a PCV rather than the less expensive PCIII. ANY THOUGHTS?

It's a real beauty. I used the TuneECU program with my 2007 Classic Tourer. I think I had a Jardine exhaust at the time. I got a tune from the gent who helped me with the initial download. It proved to be a bit lean though with decel back popping so I sent it to Hanso who tweeked it to perfection. My son has that Rocket in Maryland now and the last time I rode it during a visit, realized how scary fast it was.

I'd use a add on tuner like PC3 only if it was not possible to reflash the ECU. I'll be using TuneECU with my "new to me" 09 Touring when I find a suitable exhaust.

you're going to get really sick of cleaning sh!t off the front of your engine.

A hint here.
I spray my engine down with WD40, this stops the crap sticking and keeps the Engine looking like new.

One other suggestion, get a cover for between the header and the muffler.

Link Removed

Link Removed

And/or a decent header to suit. :thumbsup:

50097_3021563b21f1c8c86761344a879b8d71.JPG

I use the Dobeck Performance AFR Plus. Great device.
Last I spoke with Mr. Dobeck, he was no longer supporting Triumphs, some strange unexplained issue between Triumph's ECU and his AFR plus, this was during the summer.(July) I ended up with PCV and auto tune, not the ultimate, I'll have it dyno'd once I get my new exhaust and header from PB.

Black the radiator shrouds, and your going to get really sick of cleaning sh!t off the front of your engine with that bikini front guard. Lower the seat and get "T Bars".
Just my preferences, if your going to do the miles that these bikes demand you do. Unless you are just going for a Latte and smashed Avocado on the weekend.

I just got bar risers. I'd really like a black handle bar, straighter. I'm looking for a street fighter type of look. Oh, and in the next pictures it will be blacked out and will have header wrap on the exposed pipe. Any know of a set of bars that will clear with 1" taller, 2" back risers?

Back