NO need for bar risers???

Freightbusters

Supercharged
I had ordered bar risers and the two up seat by triumph including the driver backrest.............and before I put on the risers I took my Rocket out for a ride and am so happy with the backrest and all of its positions. I have never had a backrest on all the bikes I have built including nitrous etc.
This keeps me in the seat on those days you need the power. :roll:NOW HERES THE SCOOP.....not only keeps you in the seat but gives you improved posture which puts you up on the bars.......where before I felt I needed the risers.....Thought it may be of interest to you for those thinking of risers...or course we are all built different and for me I am getting shorter but with the Rocket a hell of a lot faster!!!!!
ENJOY HAVE FUN AND RESPECT THE RIDE!!!!

I've not seen this Triumph seat with driver backrest. I've been oogling the HD offerings and wishing Triumph offered something very much the same. This is encouraging. Should diminish the need for leaning forward to keep the front wheel on the ground as well. I wasn't looking forward to the outlay, and routing hassles, with the risers. I'll be looking:D

Flip... don't go to the arcade just yet...

I can see where the backrest would be nice if you put on a lot of miles. How is it when you swing your leg over it to get on or off?

Backrest tales

On the Gold Wing the backrest adds greatly to the enjoyment and posture of riding, you definitely do not get tired as easily. That being said Tom brings up a good point to keep in mind. Depending on the type of back rest you will have to change the way you swing your leg to mount the beast. Without the back rest you just swing your leg over the seat. With the back rest you need to swing your leg "across" the seat (be careful about the back end of the gas tank), heaven help you if you are wearing a tight pair of jeans. I enjoy mine and may put one on the Rocket soon. Dennis

the backrest

Flip... don't go to the arcade just yet...

I can see where the backrest would be nice if you put on a lot of miles. How is it when you swing your leg over it to get on or off?

I find it very easy as the rest lays flat , has a spring retention and pops back up,,I know cause I have min movement and metal in my knees ...has a adjustment for moving forward...can raise or lower and springs down when pass gets off or driver...

Enjoy, Ride safe and with respect

Back