No display for Triumph at the International Bike Show

oldpm

Standard Bore
I just saw that Triumph will not be at the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show again. They weren't there last year but were there (I think) the year before.

Does anyone know why? Every other important maker will be there so why not Triumph?

Very disappointing and also very puzzling.

Oldpm

Last year they said that it was too expensive and they felt their advertising money could be better spent elsewhere. Basically Cycle World charges an arm and a leg and Triumph doesn't want to pay it when they can have a local dealer set up a display with bikes.

Last year they said that it was too expensive and they felt their advertising money could be better spent elsewhere. Basically Cycle World charges an arm and a leg and Triumph doesn't want to pay it when they can have a local dealer set up a display with bikes.

Like the new Triumph magazine.........................:)

Maybe Bloor should take heed of J. Paul Getty's famous and often repeated words......."It takes money to make money"..................

................."there is no defense for a good offense".

Hmm, Aprilia, Ducati, Hyosung, Kymco, Moto Guzzi, MV Augusta, and Ural can all afford to be there. And of course all the big boys.

There are always huge crowds at these things. It seems to me Triumph is really dropping the ball on this one.

Oldpm

Well despite not attending the show and dropping the ball as some would say Triumph continues to get accolades for building excellent bikes in several catagories such as the
Daytona 675
Speed Triple
Tiger 1050

All have won their classes accoriding to CW in the last two years. Bloors buiding bikes that speak for themselves. Where the money needs spent is building a dealer network worth a sh!t and getting some service after the sale. Mother T doesnt seem to care what happens after the bike leaves the showroom.....

Triumphs sales have gone up a good precentage for the past 4 or 5. More gaines in markets then many woul expect. While it would be nice for them to be at the show, is it really that important ?

Remember the saying............

Go your own way :D

Not doubting Triumph makes an excellent product. But relying only on your dealers to show
your bikes seems like poor business judgement. More people would see their motorcycles at this show in a hour than at a typical Triumph dealership in a year.

As for lack of said dealers, the more your product is in demand, the more people will want to open dealerships. And the more people can see your bikes (if they are good), the more demand there will be.

For all their faults, H/D has figured all of this out long ago. In spite of having the best selling products (or because of it) they always seem to have the biggest display at the bike shows.

Oldpm

Well despite not attending the show and dropping the ball as some would say Triumph continues to get accolades for building excellent bikes in several catagories such as the
Daytona 675
Speed Triple
Tiger 1050

All have won their classes accoriding to CW in the last two years. Bloors buiding bikes that speak for themselves. Where the money needs spent is building a dealer network worth a sh!t and getting some service after the sale. Mother T doesnt seem to care what happens after the bike leaves the showroom.....

250K and an excellent credit rating and you too can be a dealer..........

come on in, the water is fine...a little shallow but potable.

The word on the street: Triumph is still making bikes??

Triumphs sales have gone up a good precentage for the past 4 or 5. More gaines in markets then many woul expect. While it would be nice for them to be at the show, is it really that important ?

Remember the saying............

Go your own way :D

The most often comment I hear is, "I didn't know Triumph was still making bikes". Now why is that? Triumph is as famous as the most famous yet no one, making the above comment, knows they still are in business. Anyone remember Amiga computers...a few Christmas season TV commercials shot their sale up like a Rocket. I still have an Amiga 500; and it still runs:D

Back