New very high pitch cricket sound from 2013 Roadster

svistoplas

.020 Over
Ride
2013 Roadster
Hi Triumph friends!

A new noise recently appeared in the wide spectrum of sounds from my Rocket 2013 Roadster engine.
Here’s the video where you can hear it between seconds 2 and 6. After second 6, I roll on the throttle and it disappears.

There was always a lot of whining and other normal noises, but as I passed 20000 miles, this new highest pitch started to come and go. It is like crickets. I read, there is a thing called chirping and it happens with bike gets modified with Ramair filters, but mine is completely stock.

It started on a long range cruse at 70 mph. Mostly between 2000 and 2700, sometimes at or close to idle. While on cruise at 70 mph, it can be lasting for dozens of minutes and then disappear for a while, but it comes back again. I can hear it even when the bike is in neutral when revving in said range.
The frequency of this noise doesn’t change with RPM.

No degradation of performance was observed.
What preventative maintenance should I try to look into?
Thank you

I don't really hear anything out of the norm from that clip. One thing to check that can give unexpected noise are the exhaust manifold mounting nuts. Mine loosened off and gave a clicking sound that tended to disappear after warm up. They do tend to come loose over time.

Oh, welcome to the site.

The chirping is normal and only made louder for those who have gone to modified air filters. Wondering if you may have changed helmets or done anything else that has just suddenly made your hearing more acute to this sound?

Check your air filter boot from under the tank going to the air box under the seat has not come off. When I did my ram air it was infact off and my air filter never did diddly squat. And sounds exactly like this. Could be any part of the air intake but that boot is hard to get to and anyone doing a service easily screws up installing it so it could have just come off.
Bit I'm 100% confident that this is an air intake caused sound.

The chirping is normal and only made louder for those who have gone to modified air filters. Wondering if you may have changed helmets or done anything else that has just suddenly made your hearing more acute to this sound?
No change in hearing means) it just started during the cruise

I don't really hear anything out of the norm from that clip. One thing to check that can give unexpected noise are the exhaust manifold mounting nuts. Mine loosened off and gave a clicking sound that tended to disappear after warm up. They do tend to come loose over time.

Oh, welcome to the site.
Yes, I will check them, thanks. It sounded once when I starter riding cold like exhaust is off

Back