Gear position sensor 2014 roadster

Hooleymyster

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph rocket 3
I have the four wire type gear position sensor. However I have just rebuilt the gearbox and on start up there is no gear shown and no neutral light. It was working prior. So will only start with clutch in and side stand up. I have taken the sensor apart and cleaned. I am getting a supply to the unit. I have tried manually moving to see if it changes to no avail. The magnet is working and I understand it’s a Hall effect sensor for segments of the sensor. Has anyone had similar ? What are the resistance values I could check. I am reluctant to buy a new unit without proving the old one is duff. Is the a resistor I can put in the plug just to prove the neutral circuit.?
Many thanks in advance
IMG_3952.jpeg

I have tried a working sensor from a tiger to no avail. I have also tried the original one on the tiger and it works and changes gear when rotated. The fault lies elsewhere

I have the four wire type gear position sensor. However I have just rebuilt the gearbox and on start up there is no gear shown and no neutral light. It was working prior. So will only start with clutch in and side stand up. I have taken the sensor apart and cleaned. I am getting a supply to the unit. I have tried manually moving to see if it changes to no avail. The magnet is working and I understand it’s a Hall effect sensor for segments of the sensor. Has anyone had similar ? What are the resistance values I could check. I am reluctant to buy a new unit without proving the old one is duff. Is the a resistor I can put in the plug just to prove the neutral circuit.?
Many thanks in advance
IMG_3952.jpeg

With the sensor pulled can you see if the shaft rotates?
hth

I would have guessed that the gear position shaft (connects selector drum to the GPS) wasn't connected in right upon reassembly of the trans etc but you have said that you've turned it manually and not got any response on the LCD display?

I only have one 4-wire sensor to hand here and that's on the bike. Will have to get some time to measure up resistance per gear position.
But it sounds like your prob is something else - you mean you've tried the Roadster GPS that your disassembled, cleaned and reassembled, on the Tiger and it works?

I would have guessed that the gear position shaft (connects selector drum to the GPS) wasn't connected in right upon reassembly of the trans etc but you have said that you've turned it manually and not got any response on the LCD display?

I only have one 4-wire sensor to hand here and that's on the bike. Will have to get some time to measure up resistance per gear position.
But it sounds like your prob is something else - you mean you've tried the Roadster GPS that your disassembled, cleaned and reassembled, on the Tiger and it works?
yeah thats what i would have guessed to
lol

yeah thats what i would have guessed to
lol

Sorry I see you'd posted that already. I had the page open in the browser all day and only replied late in day. So missed the posts made since page loaded. Didn't mean to be an echo

Sorry I see you'd posted that already. I had the page open in the browser all day and only replied late in day. So missed the posts made since page loaded. Didn't mean to be an echo
Just yanking your chain
I don't mind at all

Yes that’s right, I’ve tried the gps on the tiger manually rotated it a the gear display changes. I am getting a feed to the socket that plugs in to the GPS. I will now trace the wiring back to the ECU. I would think an ecu fault would be rare. Thanks

Wonder did the wires to the GPS socket get damaged when reinstalling engine into frame?
Timing seems suspicious.

Otherwise I would be strongly suspecting good ol Triumph wiring where there is some dry rotted crimped joint buried in the harness somewhere.

Back