Gear position sensor 2014 roadster

That’s always a possibility, and will be checking the wiring to the ECU. There is a supply to the GPS socket. However there is still a lack of gear indication. According to the wiring diagram there is a black& pink wire and black and white wire to the ECU. I would think it unlikely the ECU is at fault. The loom is quite hidden under the airbox so if can’t find anything will remove it to make it easier . Many thanks

i give i have met my match.
for a hundred plus the dealer will look to see if the shaft is rotating and for another 2000 they can fix it.

does anyone have links to the wiring diagram? This is a four wire switch so different than the earlier models. I want to find the location of the wires on ecu and run a jumper to prove it works or nor. I have not managed to find fault with the wiring and to avoid stripping down the loom. Thanks

i give i have met my match.
for a hundred plus the dealer will look to see if the shaft is rotating and for another 2000 they can fix it.
The shaft turns ok, and the switch with it, manually turning should produce something as well. I believe the fault to be at the other end of the wiring in the ecu so plan to come from there with wiring to the switch and rotate to test

Still reckon the wiring was either damaged or put back wrong with engine going back into frame.
Can you take pics of what the GPS is connected to?
To verify it is plugged in correctly - Roadsters pre March 2013 have a convoluted way of connecting the 4 wire GPS up.

Back