Hello RAA, Bellyman PJ here with news of my recent purchase of a 2006 Standard. Got what I think is a fair deal. Looking forward to the next RAA gathering. The bike is Blue with Tribal graphics and 20000 mi. Bellyman Away

Welcome brotherman ! Was hoping you'd join our two wheeled asylum :D

I will be using the wisdom of the collective cure what ails my Rocket

You can search ignition switch on here. Some have been fortunate in just having to solder the white wire back on. The problem is the way they ran the headlights through the ignition switch on the earlier models. You'll need a an Eastern Beaver relay setup. Here is the before and after on mine. I was fortunate to get mine installed before the ignition switch failed. Here is before and after eastern beaver on mine, same bulbs both pics.

Lights before EB mod.jpg

Lights after EB mod.jpg

Last edited:
You can search ignition switch on here. Some have been fortunate in just having to solder the white wire back on. The problem is the way they ran the headlights through the ignition switch on the earlier models. You'll need a an Eastern Beaver relay setup. Here is the before and after on mine. I was fortunate to get mine installed before the ignition switch failed. Here is before and after eastern beaver on mine, same bulbs both pics.
Lights before EB mod.jpg

Lights after EB mod.jpg

Amigo!
My small flashlight (Olight R20) puts out more light than either one of those photos! :eek: :p :inlove

Olight R20.jpg

I got the key switch inspected and all solder connections are good. Continuity is good in all wires. I am unable to push the key in and down to lock or parking. I think more good gasoline will be the cure.

Back