Yep, very very excited!

I got the knee pads (I tend to use 'em)...
Careful, Flipper tends to hang onto every word :D You pert near got the Tourer. What is the engine color?

'm thinking on the H&B bags for trips, but am still thinking about
that. That Easy Bracket looks like my cup of tea as long as it holds
the weight okay.
I'm not familiar with H&B bags. The Triumph "paniers" are rated (it's posted on the inside of each) at 11 pounds. I can dress up a Subway BMT that weighs at least that. :D The dresser bars (embellishers) do help to squeeze in that much and more.

Engine is black, love the look of it!

H&B are the Hepco and Becker bags. They make
a lot of different sorts, but the leather ones are the
ones I'm looking at. Buffalo or Liberty models are
the ones I like. Twisted Throttle carries them.
I bought a Bags Connection tailpack for the Thrux
from them, good place.

I'm sure the H&B bags could carry quite a bit, I'm
concerned with the mounts. They're pricey, but
no more than the Triumph bags. The Easy Brackets
look like they just use the bolts on the fender.
I saw reference to the brackets on one of the
forums. They look good when you remove the
bags, and the bags are easy to remove.

http://www.hepco-becker.de/
Link Removed

Knee Pads........

Don't worry Rocky, I caught the 'knee pad' thing but I didn't want to disenchant the newbie too soon. Hepco Becker is quality stuff. I wish they made stuff for the Rocket like the tip over bars. I have a set on my Bonnie and the fit, finish and welds are superb. They went right on, unlike the Rivco bars that had to have the lower mounts doctored with a die grinder. Hepco Becker is pricey but you get what you pay for.

Welcome Rcktman, YOu got the fastest engine color. As pricey as the H & B bags are, you still are probably better off price wise by not going for the Corbins...they're nice but real pricey.
You'll love the ride and when I traded in a motorcycle for my new 08 Mustang GT, it was the Gold Wing that went, still have the Rocket, especially since the wife can't ride. I know my Rocket is still for sale but since I'm still pretty upside down in it I'll probably still be enjoying it for awhile.
Good Luck and watch your speed...it's easy to "go over" the speed limit.
Dennis

Thanks guys, the H&B bags seem to be my style as well as good
quality; now I just need to figure out whether to use H&B brackets
or the Easy Brackets... I like the simplicity of the Easy Brackets,
but the H&B have that extra support on the pillion peg mount.
I might just pick up the bags first and see if the Easy Brackets
look like they would support them okay. I like the clean look
when you remove the bags with the Easy Brackets.

I'll do my best to keep my speed down, especially until I make
friends with the beastie:) Sounds like I might get her next week!

Last edited:
Welcome rcktman,

Good to see another East Coaster join the pack. Contribute often and throw some shots our way when you get her home.

Hi rcktman, I was a lurker here last year, got my red 06 set up like I wanted put 20000 on her in 13 mo. lost it around a corner at speed and now I'm back to lurking. I don't care what you do just be sure and keep the rubber side down and check those road conditions. I took 2 safety classes and all that did was show me how much more could do like chirp around the corners.:eek: Yes I didn't say I was all there now did I. Have a blast anyway you only go around once:eek:

Back