New Rivco Sidestand Buddy

Pig9r

Living Legend
Kind of neat.

Link Removed

[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif][SIZE=-1]This clever pad slides over the stock sidestand foot and is secured with a setscrew. It has over two times the area of the original. No more worries about your bike falling over or fumbling around looking for a piece of wood or beer can. Machined from billet aluminum and triple chrome plated.[/SIZE][/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif][SIZE=-1]$37.95[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:
Several have stated, on this and other forums, that they will not stay on and that the set screw does not hold it. So, may not be the best purchase. But at least Rivco is trying to supply us with aftermarket goodies.

I have some adhesive that will make that baby stay put :D You'll never get it off... I'll have to get the part number for it, I got it at Granger's and its a 3M product I do believe. We use it as a structural adhesive to basically weld sheet metal to frames ect.

However... having said that... I do enjoy draining beer cans for that purpose. Sometimes I drain too many and the bike falls over anyway :D

Gorilla Glue

Gorilla Glue will keep it on; and that stuff will bond any two dissimilar materials, IMHO. I used it to reattached an electric generator engine mount. Two pieces of steel sandwiched a chunk of rubber. The factory bond either wasn't applied or failed on delivery, I presume the latter. If necessary to undo the bond a hard rap with a hammer will break it but the engine vibration on this 13hp engine hasn't effected it yet. One very important issue with Gorilla Glue though: use very sparingly. It expands considerably and may ooze out, like the spray in foaming insulating goop, and become a visibly white glob. Use very sparingly.

Mine Works

I got one and the set screw was about half the length it needed to be. I'd purchased it from Bonneville. One call, they contacted Rivco, and Voila.......a proper length of set screw arrives within 2 days and all is well with the world.

Last edited:
HeR3tic, good advice. I've got some holding the black trim on the rear fender struts on the Rocket. Works good on everything. Doesn't seem to last very long in the bottle after opened though.

Hey HeR3tic & Pig9r, I've been looking for a way to hold that pesky black trim on the rear chrome fender struts. I'll give that Monkey Muck a try.

See ya.

Back