New Rivco Sidestand Buddy

Something New

Hey Tomo...... I'm in the process of making it work on static electricity. Maybe rubbing my legs up and down real fast against the tank. Then have my foot touch the kickstand it would lower or raise depending on the need. Remind me to not have the gas cap off during this highly dangerous maneuver.

Now that I think about it........ I might be on to something. How about a house run on static electicity? Put your bread in the toaster, rub a balloon on your head (preferably with hair) and then touch the toaster! Voila! Dragging your feet across the carpet (after disconnecting the humidifier) and then touching a socket should activate a light. I won't worry about electric heat.......they tell me Global Warming will take care of that.

I'm going to take a nap now!

HeR3tic said:
Gorilla Glue will keep it on; and that stuff will bond any two dissimilar materials, IMHO. I used it to reattached an electric generator engine mount. Two pieces of steel sandwiched a chunk of rubber. The factory bond either wasn't applied or failed on delivery, I presume the latter. If necessary to undo the bond a hard rap with a hammer will break it but the engine vibration on this 13hp engine hasn't effected it yet. One very important issue with Gorilla Glue though: use very sparingly. It expands considerably and may ooze out, like the spray in foaming insulating goop, and become a visibly white glob. Use very sparingly.

If you can't clamp together the objects to be fastened, don't use Gorilla Glue cuz like HeR3tic says: "It will expand"

Toystoretom said:
I have some adhesive that will make that baby stay put :D You'll never get it off... I'll have to get the part number for it, I got it at Granger's and its a 3M product I do believe. We use it as a structural adhesive to basically weld sheet metal to frames ect.

However... having said that... I do enjoy draining beer cans for that purpose. Sometimes I drain too many and the bike falls over anyway :D

Tomo:
Per chance you referring to 3M panel Adhesive. Big truck hoods are all glued together with it today and the steel stiffners are glued to the 'glass too. Makes collision work easier and cheaper too. We have the big air operated mixer gun at work that takes the twin tubes with the internal helix mixer chamber. Stuff is expensive but will bond about anything clean to anything clean in 20 minutes. You could glue the lid to a toilet seat for a prank or glue your bosses desk drawer shut or his coffee cup to his desk....

It's 3M part number 08115 or 08116. 08116 is the Chrysler/GM approved 2 part epoxy while the 08115 is the stuff we use. A little dab between the foot and sidestand would bond the foot for as long as the bike needs the sidestand.

Back