New R3 Owner Questions

Welcome to Rocket World! I'm taking mine in for it's 10,000 mile check up and no problems so far. Good luck with yours.:bch:

Seattle you say:p Been there a few times, briefly. It's a different "left" coast, as I recall. I'm sure you have the bestest in rain gear.

Mine doesn't start off idling at 1200. Maybe 1000 very briefly. According to TB, it idles back to 820, although the Virtual Dash indicates 1200 at idle (one hand isn't shaking with the other). It could be these ambient temps of 75 to 95 lately.

**** it's hot; but nowhere like the grain belt will be realizing before the end of the week; not that some of you haven't already been complaining. You ain't seen nuttin yet! And you mid-west chicken ranchers best be ready. Autralia, E. Europe, and the U.S. are all in drought conditions. You better believe those global warming freaks will be screaming. But, H.A.A.R.P. is the cause!

Speaking of chicken "ranch" versus farm, I'll wager (your paycheck Flip) the infamous Chicken Ranch, formerly of Texas now in Nevada, gave cause for chicken ranchers to convert to farmers. What you think Hondax?

Again, welcome to The Forum.

New User - Triumph Transmission

I think my last three Triumphs <Speed Triple, Daytona, Rocket III Clasic) all had that
nochy feeling early on. But things smoothed out after the proper application of abuse.
A little pressure on the Rocket shift lever at departure insures 1st gear.

Hello To The Forum

Hello fellow rocket owners, I am new to the forum and looking forward to gaining knowledge from people like yourselves.:confused: I am the prowd owner of a 2007 Rocket 3 standard in sparkly phantom black (the best color of course:cool:), picked up from a dealer here in Philly. Think I stole it from him, for the price I paid with only 1600 miles on it.
Bike came with the full TORS package but still had the cat converter, sissy bar with the rack and the fly screen painted with factory color and a ton of extra chrome.
I love every thing about the bike, the only gripe i have and maybe someone can tell me if this is normal or should i be looking out for something. The front brake feels a little soft, it doesn't seem to effect the braking performance which i think is very good. It just seems that bikes i have owned in the past have a slightly firmer brake feel. Took the bike to a local Triumph dealer in Manyunk and the tech told me the fluid level was fine but he did show me a little trick by wrapping a cord around the brake handle and the bar for a few minutes it seemed to firm up the feel in the beake lever. Anyone else had this issue:confused:

Back