New R3 has helical cut gears (with pics)

Bull

.060 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic Tourer
A good friend of mine is getting trained on servicing the new R3 engine and sent me these shots of the engines gear pack. Hopefully this will alleviate some of the tranny issues.

IMG_5231.JPG
IMG_5230.JPG

A huge improvement IMHO.
One that adds another reason to consider . . .
@warp9.9 Scott, do these type gears need the undercutting some have done?

Can't tell if they've been undercut or not. Should be but you know Triumph ours should but ave been also.

So, if I habla what you said, helical gears can be undercut, but does it provide the same strengthening as on the straight gears?

So, if I habla what you said, helical gears can be undercut, but does it provide the same strengthening as on the straight gears?
Yes it does after all your cutting the the port or spokes in the gear and then cutting the angles on the dogs. This is something that can be in the OEM design. Ya just can't see if they did in these pictures and nothing has been reported.

Yes it does after all your cutting the the port or spokes in the gear and then cutting the angles on the dogs. This is something that can be in the OEM design. Ya just can't see if they did in these pictures and nothing has been reported.
Here’s a table of parts to look at too.

upload_2020-1-6_21-44-37.jpeg

Back