New horns - relay necessary or not.

In case you don’t already know the factory wiring is switching the negative wire on the OEM horn! The positive wire is constantly hot.

In case you don’t already know the factory wiring is switching the negative wire on the OEM horn! The positive wire is constantly hot.[/QU
Hi Zonelli I've been using my 500hz slimline on my Rocket for a while now and thinking of a bracket to add the 400hz as well and I won't be using a relay.
The 400Hz and 500Hz sound great together. I'm sure you'll be fine without using a relay like others that did that. I just decided to go with one because I have too much time on my hands with the weather being so lousy and nothing much to do. (I'm retired.) I'll run the wiring today.

Love what you did with your horns. I have a couple of Hella Twin Tone horns mounted on the highway bars wired in sequence with the stock horn. The Hella Twin Tones are similar to the PIAA horns. Because of the way you have mounted your horns, I am going to reexamine the mounting of mine. Yours is much cleaner! Thanks!

Love what you did with your horns. I have a couple of Hella Twin Tone horns mounted on the highway bars wired in sequence with the stock horn. The Hella Twin Tones are similar to the PIAA horns. Because of the way you have mounted your horns, I am going to reexamine the mounting of mine. Yours is much cleaner! Thanks!

You're very welcome. I can't wait to have a good excuse to blast these things when somebody starts drifting in my lane. :) I'm amazed that motorcycle companies put such crappy and useless horns on bikes. It's downright silly to have a monster bike like an R3T go "meep meep."

Back