Call Nels at 2 wheel dyno in Woodinville.
Tell him Steve Stockinger from Tacoma sent you.
Thank you I went there earlier today and Nate said they can't do a map on rocket 3 without doing a dyno.
Seems kinda odd after what little I've read online about maps going around but the price of the map on other bikes and the price of a Dyno tune seem about the same so I'm okay doing a dyno tune.
Talked to Nels also and he seems great.
Appointment for first of june and this gives me time to get it ready.
I thinking 3 k&n's but i will need rain socks for the rainy days.

Thank you I went there earlier today and Nate said they can't do a map on rocket 3 without doing a dyno.
Seems kinda odd after what little I've read online about maps going around but the price of the map on other bikes and the price of a Dyno tune seem about the same so I'm okay doing a dyno tune.
Talked to Nels also and he seems great.
Appointment for first of june and this gives me time to get it ready.
I thinking 3 k&n's but i will need rain socks for the rainy days.

Having a proper dyno tune is the very best for your motor and Nels is one of the few best tuners in the country.
What have you done with the exhaust? Do you have a header system?
Both must be changed to make your Rocket run right. K&N 2780s will work under the bearclaw and do not need covers.
RamAir flows a little better and also fits under the bearclaw. I have run both, which are fine, but I got a tad more horse power with the RamAir.
Keep them clean (once or twice a year) for best performance and mileage.
I run the CES header system and recommend it for a stock engine. I get about 160 RWHP.

Good to hear about nels.
I think i have the Jardine exhaust (see my pictures) CES would be great but money is getting tight due to this Covid crap going on.
Still looking into triple K&N's. I looked at Flipmeisters Specialty Products LLC but can't find a phone number and i hate dealing with people i cannot talk to.
What can i expect (hp) to get from my 2006 classic (3200 original miles) stock motor with Jardine and 3 k&n's ??
20200512_121512.jpg

Good to hear about nels.
I think i have the Jardine exhaust (see my pictures) CES would be great but money is getting tight due to this Covid crap going on.
Still looking into triple K&N's. I looked at Flipmeisters Specialty Products LLC but can't find a phone number and i hate dealing with people i cannot talk to.
What can i expect (hp) to get from my 2006 classic (3200 original miles) stock motor with Jardine and 3 k&n's ??
20200512_121512.jpg

About 154 RWHP.
That's what @albertaduke got when we were up at Nels' a couple years ago.

Back