Some put them under the right side cover where the ECU is. Some under the seat but since yours has the original air sustem I'd look under the right side cover. You have to lift the seat to get at the bolts and it will slip off the key lock. Pretty easy there is a little black plastic flashing that come of with it. Its on the upper right corner of the cover. Hides the wire harness coming from the ecu. I see IDK said howdy. In his signature on the bottom of every post he has pdf files one being the repair manual. And a few other helpful file just click on his lots of Rocket stuff and down load it. Especially the manual!!!!
Don't see no tuner nowhere.
I did siphon all the old fuel out of the tank and put Lucas and it with fresh premium non-ethanol gas.
And changed the oil, filter and the rear drive shaft gear oil. Look and see if all this is acceptable for this season. And see if I got the right filter.
Tomorrow will probably be new antifreeze and I can't remember what to use somebody mentioned it but I will have to look back and see.
Also my brake light don't work using front brake lever. Back does.
20200513_173130.jpg

20200513_183843.jpg
20200513_184453.jpg

Attachments

• 20200513_184519.jpg
    20200513_184519.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 20

First thing to do is to check small button under fr. brake. I had the same problem when bought my Rocket, cleaned electrical contacs by spirit there and problem disappeared.

Attachments

• 678574.jpg
    678574.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 17
Don't see no tuner nowhere.
I did siphon all the old fuel out of the tank and put Lucas and it with fresh premium non-ethanol gas.
And changed the oil, filter and the rear drive shaft gear oil. Look and see if all this is acceptable for this season. And see if I got the right filter.
Tomorrow will probably be new antifreeze and I can't remember what to use somebody mentioned it but I will have to look back and see.
20200513_173130.jpg

20200513_183843.jpg
20200513_184453.jpg
The plug you are holding is for the emissions crap people in California have to deal with.

Just my opinion, but you have got a very nice bike there, and from all the goodies it has on it, I think the older fella that owned it before, knew what he was doing. It does have the complete Jardine system ($$$) and he no doubt had a proper map loaded into it. You're on the right track, with the oil, gas, etc. etc. I'd just ride her awhile, and let things sort out. She should run like a scaled dog, "as is". ;)

Just my opinion, but you have got a very nice bike there, and from all the goodies it has on it, I think the older fella that owned it before, knew what he was doing. It does have the complete Jardine system ($$$) and he no doubt had a proper map loaded into it. You're on the right track, with the oil, gas, etc. etc. I'd just ride her awhile, and let things sort out. She should run like a scaled dog, "as is". ;)
I just not sure it does have proper map.
I get major popping in deceleration.
I don't know exactly what that means and it could be just from sitting for a while. but it seems to run good other than the popping at deceleration.
I'm 30 minutes from Nels at 2 Wheel Dynoworks that some members are bragging about.
I have no idea what it would cost to have him check the map and or probably remap it. But when it quits raining I might take a ride down there and have a talk with him.

Back