Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket iii classic
I bought my first r3 yesterday.
2006 Triumph rocket iii classic with 3000 miles.
Hasn't been licensed since 2008 (Grandpa's eyesight went bad).
He is no longer around to find out details on bike.
Family says he did upgrades and paint but not sure to the extent. They think Jardine exhaust and some type of tune ???
They kept it in storage and kept stable in it.
Recently they bought a new battery and topped of with fresh gas and sold it to me yesterday, and i rode it home.
I'm going to flush the gas tank and change the oil and antifreeze.
I am open to advice on full synthetic oil and antifreeze to put in this.
Or any other advice on how to deal with a bike that has been sitting for 12 years.
It seems to run good but not quite as good as the 2014 boxer that I rode of my brothers.
Anyway thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200511_163410.jpg
    20200511_163410.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20200512-065138_OfferUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200512-065138_OfferUp.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 77
Hi and welcome. Great bike you have there. :thumbsup:

Check the link in my signature for some useful stuff.

It has all kinds of add on goddies. Looks to me, like the previous owner knew what he was doing. Also from the rear shot, (looking at right side), it looks like it has the complete Jardine system, and I'll bet it's already got the right tune loaded. She's a real keeper for sure. Yup, maybe tires, (tread? dry cracks?) and the oil and filter, and flush the old gas out. Run it a few miles and do the coolant. Samco hoses wouldn't hurt, while working on the cooling system.;)

WELCOME!!! to the the world of R3... You've got quite the beauty there! You'll find heaps of help and info here... and enjoy your new permanent Grin :cool:
-MIG

Welcome!
1. Are there any early bikes with black engine?
2. Change tyres, they are very old, it's dangerous to ride them.
3. It's no need to use expensive fluids and oil for Rocket, it's work wounderful with simple semi-sinthetic automotive 10w-40 oil in 3000-4000 miles interval API SH or higher.
4. HOAT coolant (G11), 2 years interval.
5. In final drive unit I use 80w-90 GL5 mineral oil, but manual says 75w-90 sinthetic GL5 oil is better.
6. Get ready for fork, brakes, pump and engine oil leaking due to old condition of seals. It's not large problem. In my opinion, 10w fork oil with stock spring is the best choice (5w ractory filling), brake fluid DOT 4 enough.

WELCOME to ya, neighbor, from Tacoma!
You got yourself a beauty for sure!
Welcome_2.gif

Back