Hello and welcome from Christchurch New Zealand.

I too have an 06 with the black engine. With after market pipes I am getting I think 142 RWHP. With ramair intake.

That is a fantastic looking machine. Your bike should have a build date sticker on the down tube on the front left my is 10/05

Having a proper dyno tune is the very best for your motor and Nels is one of the few best tuners in the country.
What have you done with the exhaust? Do you have a header system?
Both must be changed to make your Rocket run right. K&N 2780s will work under the bearclaw and do not need covers.
RamAir flows a little better and also fits under the bearclaw. I have run both, which are fine, but I got a tad more horse power with the RamAir.
Keep them clean (once or twice a year) for best performance and mileage.
I run the CES header system and recommend it for a stock engine. I get about 160 RWHP.
Screenshot_20200518-205403_Yahoo Mail.jpg

That's too bad. I got mine from him and gave them away after going to the RamAir.
Costs are similar, so I would just go with the RamAir.
When are you going to be at Nels'?

That's too bad. I got mine from him and gave them away after going to the RamAir.
June 2nd. I got 3 under bearclaw k&n's coming and the two little ones on may 28th (Amazon) so I will have to get them on fast. I'm not sure of the process so if you happened see any videos on this feel free to send them my way.( taking out the stock Air intake and putting on the 3 K&N's with the two little k&n's as well.
I'm sure I can figure it out but I don't have much time for the conversion.
Screenshot_20200520-191721_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20200520-191752_Amazon Shopping.jpg

See Nels yesterday and did dyno.
Unfortunately it was dumping rain when i pulled out so i kinda white knuckled it home. I had 142 rwhp to start with when i got there. He got a little more out of it and lots of other adjustments.
I'm not getting the higher numbers that some of you are but I'm happy for now and $300 well spent.
20200602_154134.jpg
20200602_154140.jpg
20200602_152122.jpg
20200522_154106.jpg

It's not all about the power who am I kidding. These beasts are a great bike but got to carefull in the wet if your not comfortable riding the rain.

But luckily for me I have ridden thousands of KMs on the Rocket in the wet and mostly in 400+ KMs at a time.

Back