Even with the Gen 1 bikes, the early years had tranny problems, but I don’t recall reading about engine failures. Pretty much bulletproof considering Carpenter can take them to 240hp+. New bikes are a new engine based on the learning experience from the Gen 1 bikes, so I would expect even better reliability.
Believe me they are not bullet proof and have been taken past the warp threshold :) heck at one time I collected 8 4inch ashtrays :)

WELCOME! to the forum and good luck with your decision... especially if you like "Permanent Grins" :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Yes, I agree, newer engines are very reliable, technology rocks...
Tomorrow I am visiting my PROSPECTIVE R3GT...
Thanks everyone.

Hello there, I am a lover of big engine bikes, and I am here to learn from you all out there about the new 2020 Rocket 3.
I am ready to pull the trigger, got approved but did not yet sign the deal until sometime next week because of many large issues published about the bike, being:
Engine failure
Severe engine noise
Battery failure
Trans issues
Electrical failure due to bad regulator
Among other things.
Plus I read some of your comments and it describes some of them here.
Can anyone with good knowledge advise what is really going on with this beauty Rocket 3?
Thanks
Cheers

Got the gt version and I love it done over 3000 miles in 4 months would have done more but work got in the way take the plunge you wont regret it

Congrats, not bad 3K miles is great.
Can you tell me how is to ride GT with foot foward controls? Is it comfortable, do you think one would need a mid-control foot peg for better position or that is a myth.
Thanks,
Cheers
LCL

Just to share some happiness and news...
PURCHASED my R3GT in Illinois, it can only get here by MID-JANUARY 21, so it will be a long and tedious wait, but DONE DEAL.
Thanks everyone for all the inputs.
See the actual picture of it.
Cheers
LCL

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-12-09 at 3.14.09 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-09 at 3.14.09 PM.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 12
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-12-09 at 3.14.10 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-09 at 3.14.10 PM.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 12
Back