brazeagle

.040 Over
Ride
2020 R3 GT
Hello there, I am a lover of big engine bikes, and I am here to learn from you all out there about the new 2020 Rocket 3.
I am ready to pull the trigger, got approved but did not yet sign the deal until sometime next week because of many large issues published about the bike, being:
Engine failure
Severe engine noise
Battery failure
Trans issues
Electrical failure due to bad regulator
Among other things.
Plus I read some of your comments and it describes some of them here.
Can anyone with good knowledge advise what is really going on with this beauty Rocket 3?
Thanks
Cheers

Don’t believe all the fear mongering about this bike. For the most part they are sound machines. All mechanical things can have issues but I’ve had nothing but fun and good riding on mine.

It’s like not getting married because you heard some guys get divorced. ;)

It sounds more like you're describing the Gen 1 lifespan. I haven't heard of that many problems with the Gen 2 models
Sure a oil leak or two. Some bad front tires. It seems the fob thingy is a little finicky. One major clutch issue which in my opinion is from the dealer misuse. Sure its ugly but then so is the Gen1 models :)

It sounds more like you're describing the Gen 1 lifespan. I haven't heard of that many problems with the Gen 2 models
Sure a oil leak or two. Some bad front tires. It seems the fob thingy is a little finicky. One major clutch issue which in my opinion is from the dealer misuse. Sure its ugly but then so is the Gen1 models :)
I would second warp9.9. I haven't heard of any of these issues for 2020 Rockets. The issues for the Rocket 3 include rear brake failure (for which a recall has just been issued) and key FoB range (which seems to be common across model lines with the keyless ignition). I've heard of a single transmission issue (of indeterminate cause) and a few oil leaks but nothing widespread. Those issues seem to be isolated/unlucky incidents.

My GT has had no problems in its first 2,500 miles. It's a fantastic bike.

Even with the Gen 1 bikes, the early years had tranny problems, but I don’t recall reading about engine failures. Pretty much bulletproof considering Carpenter can take them to 240hp+. New bikes are a new engine based on the learning experience from the Gen 1 bikes, so I would expect even better reliability.

Back