New BMW R18 cruiser

BMWs have always looked, well, dorky.
There is, however a level on the upper end of the dorky scale where it turns into cool. You know, like when something is just TOO dorky. That's cool.
I think this is their effort to transcend dorky and enter the cool section.

Not there yet.

BMWs have always looked, well, dorky.
There is, however a level on the upper end of the dorky scale where it turns into cool. You know, like when something is just TOO dorky. That's cool.
I think this is their effort to transcend dorky and enter the cool section.

Not there yet.

Some would say they achieved that with the GS.

Well, from what I'm reading you'll have another chance today to get in line for an early release R18. Apparently their first offering last Monday didn't go as well as planned?

I liked the James Bond Beemer of years back.
This new one has the fugliest exhaust and engine I've ever seen, IMHO!

Puke.jpg
Me too. :)

Like the R18, the R1200C was pretty much of a styling drill by the head of BMWs design department and it had a limited production run.

I too think the new R18 is pretty retro cool, which was the intent. Those mufflers are just ugly though with one model being not quite as ugly as the other. The size must be required in order to meet the ever tightening Euro noise and emission standards.
Leather Saddlebags.JPG
With apes

Euro Bars.jpg

With Euro bars, or what some call police bars. I don't know which is correct

@Navigator Mike,
That garage, full of motors, looks familiar . . .
Hope you are doing well?!

And you Steve. We are doing fine but it is harder on me than Karin. She's content with doing projects at home while I'm starting to crawl the walls. A friend who owns to pub/saloons in our area called me today to let me know that he's slowly going nuts. He's got a home overlooking Puget Sound. He said he gets up, does a turn on the treadmill, hits the hot tub for a a bit and then watches more TV.

I'm just glad I have this shop. It gives me something to do.

And you Steve. We are doing fine but it is harder on me than Karin. She's content with doing projects at home while I'm starting to crawl the walls. A friend who owns to pub/saloons in our area called me today to let me know that he's slowly going nuts. He's got a home overlooking Puget Sound. He said he gets up, does a turn on the treadmill, hits the hot tub for a a bit and then watches more TV.

I'm just glad I have this shop. It gives me something to do.

I feel for you. I am fortunate to be teaching my grand children every day. My 4th grader is learning circles, geometry and a tad trig already!
I'm so proud and every time I see the light bulb turn on in his brain, it is so satisfying and kewl!
One fun thing he had taught me is Minecraft, which we hook up and play in the evening.
What an incredible experience it is "playing", but mostly listening to a bunch of these kids interact with each other!

Well, as we all know (especially Idaho :D), black is the fastest color. So my lawn mower is obviously black.
Top speed is about 7 mph, which is quite a challenge without proper wind protection. Quarter mile time is unknown, but you bet it's less than an hour. :thumbsup::cool:

Back