New BMW R18 cruiser

Honestly I may consider one. Only thing is it may be too small for me. Have to sit on one and see

Like grit! . But you are correct - many many years ago when I was an RAC/ACU riding instructor. We had a loss when a girl coming to the course had her scarf tangle in the rear wheel of her scooter - broke her neck.

Was she under tuition or travelling to the course?

The Isadora Duncan demise.:(
That 'Russian' should have stuck to her Greek tunics too.;):D:whitstling:
Isadora Duncan - Wikipedia

The accident gave rise to Gertrude Stein's mordant remark that "affectations can be dangerous".;):D

No wonder Dr. Who has died so many times!

What a great word 'mordant'.:cool:

Now for some more girly pics;):D:whitstling:

Isadora_Duncan_1.jpg
Isadora_Duncan_studies_4.jpg

Was playing around with the configuration. I am impressed with the number of options BMW has for this bike. Note the leg rests above the cylinders for long distance. Multiple saddle bag suggestions and windshields along with different seats, wheel sizes and colours plus exhaust options. Wish Triumph had this kind of selection.

upload_2020-4-8_7-31-28.png

upload_2020-4-8_7-33-59.png

upload_2020-4-8_7-38-13.png

upload_2020-4-8_7-41-13.png

upload_2020-4-8_7-44-7.png

upload_2020-4-8_7-45-39.png

Ok... so how I would like it...:

170597114.jpg

Let me check:

- headlight pro - series with mine
- lock for fuel tank - really? Extra costs of 50,- Euro? Series with mine...
- hill start Control - series with mine

The rest is muffler, bobber kit and some chrome - and the price is similar to my TFC... let's describe like this: I am German - and I like BMW. But those guys are desperately mad. They definitely need professional help...

… I would even prefer this one:

2004-honda-valkyrie-rune-34_600x0w.jpg

Ok... so how I would like it...:

170597114.jpg

Let me check:

- headlight pro - series with mine
- lock for fuel tank - really? Extra costs of 50,- Euro? Series with mine...
- hill start Control - series with mine

The rest is muffler, bobber kit and some chrome - and the price is similar to my TFC... let's describe like this: I am German - and I like BMW. But those guys are desperately mad. They definitely need professional help...

… I would even prefer this one:

2004-honda-valkyrie-rune-34_600x0w.jpg

Naaaa..... I still like the Beemer. It is unique!!!! That opposed twin is totally BMW and can no way be considered a Harley clone.
The Rune was too audacious for me.... Like a 65 year old cougar with too much makeup :)

Naaaa..... I still like the Beemer. It is unique!!!! That opposed twin is totally BMW and can no way be considered a Harley clone.
The Rune was too audacious for me.... Like a 65 year old cougar with too much makeup :)
Bam. You hit that on the head. Local used bike place has a few runes just sitting there gathering dust. Wonder if the guy that bought them all lost his job

Bam. You hit that on the head. Local used bike place has a few runes just sitting there gathering dust. Wonder if the guy that bought them all lost his job

I all these years, I have never seen a Rune on the road. Plenty of old Valkies but no Runes. Few new Valkies unless they are the full dresser 1800 kind.

Back