New BMW R18 cruiser

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
BMW storms into the cruiser scene with the “Big Boxer” R 18

The new engine dubbed by BMW as "Big Boxer" measures 1,802 cc (109.8 ci) from two cylinders that look enormous both externally and internally, loaded with two 107.1 mm bore and 100 mm stroke (4.2 x 3.9 in) pistons. As expected, the big boxer doesn’t rev very high, in fact the power output peak is 91 hp (67 kW) at just 4,750 rpm.

As is always the case with very big twins, the whole game is not about horsepower but rather about torque, and that’s where numbers really shine. With a maximum value of 158 Nm (116.5 lb-ft) at 3,000 rpm, the R 18 packs a mighty punch averaging constantly above 150 Nm (110.6 lb-ft) all the way from 2,000 to 4,000 rpm, according to BMW.

Did someone post something here? All I can see are 2 half page Harley ads, a couple of Xtrade banners and a Vultr ad....imagine if there was some forum content too!

Last edited:
While the Concept was drop dead beautiful, the actual Sales verison reminds me of the fact, that it was good idea to go with the TFC...

Agreed. I would have seriously considered the concept in its original or close to original form, but if the final sales version really looks like that. I'm out. And, as much as like the concept, I have to wonder about all day riding comfort and handling in the twisties. I still have my Fatboy, which handles like a garbage truck, so I don't need another :)

Back