Need to find Larger Rocket 3 Injectors

SCPowerSports

Standard Bore
Hi this is JohnPaul From SiouxCity PowerSports, we have a 2005 Rocket 3 that is Turbo charged. The OEM injectors cant keep up. looking for info on where i can order bigger injectors from.

You are asking a question that is way beyond 99.9% of the riders payscale on this site.
Hombre is the man who can answer that question as he has changed his injectors on more than one occasion.
If he is still on this site shoot him a PM.

I don't remember anyone ever covering that topic in depth. I asked about it way back out of curiosity since the MINI required oversize injectors when the big valve cyl head went on with the headers etc. but was told that they had enough capacity to simply be adjusted via duration in the software. It might have even been Hombre that told me that. :confused:
But you are right, he's the one to ask.
Does anyone have the "Bat Light" on the roof to summon him?
Gotham needs it's hero! :D

TTS performance supplies the 668cc Siemens injectors with the SC kit perhaps they will work well with the turbo set up. I think TrirocketIII (Les) has found some 750 cc Bosch and I know Hombre talked about 1000 cc Bosch for his 200 mph run.

Good grief Charlie Brown .... those are HUGE! 1000cc's? The whole bike is only 2300cc's ... wouldn't that overfill the cylinders? .... like LITERALY? :confused:

The oversize injectors I use in the MINI are only 380cc's, that's for a 1600cc 4cyl with a polished overdriven supercharger, RMW CNC'd oversize nitrided valve ported Jesus head, 264/272 Schrick camshaft with freeflowing intake and 5 foot headers.
1000cc's is ALOT of fuel just for a turbo!

The "cc" number in injector sizing does NOT refer to the displacement of the engine. You need to match the fuel capacity of the injectors to the air flow capacity of the engine. RC has a good link to calculate injector size:

RC Fuel Injection

Brake specific fuel consumption is markedly different for NA, SC, and Turbo engines. Also your injectors should only be run at 80% of their duty cycle. Increasing fuel pressure from 43.5 PSI (stock) will extend the capacity of an injector.

An injector is simply a valve with a nozzle. Look closely and note the huge difference in the nozzles between the Siemens 668cc injector on left and Bosch 1000cc on right. A quantum leap in nozzle tech. The 668cc injectors are useful up to about 300 RWHP with 43.5 PSI fuel pressure. The 1000cc injectors are useful to almost 400 RWHP with 60 PSI fuel pressure, but require a custom fuel rail to fit under the R3 tank.

I was referring to the fuel delivery, am I wrong? I was saying that a 1000cc injector delivers (forces) 1000cc of fuel into the engine and three of them has the potential to be delivering 3000cc of gas every minute. 3 liters (3.7 liters is a gallon) is an ass load of fuel.
Can a 2300cc engine swallow that much? Even turbo/super charged? Would Nitrous burn almost a gallon a minute? This I don't know.

That's right, the rating refers to the fuel delivery either in lbs/hr or cc/min, but remember that you only want to run them at 80% max of duty cycle. So we're really only talking about .6 gal/min of gasoline at max air flow.

I didn't just conjure up the 1000cc number... plug 450 SHP into the injector calculator with the correct BSFC for a 3 injector SC engine. Now where did I get that 450 number??? :confused:

Back