Need Help from the Cold North

Of course I did. It meant a lot to you and would bring joy to the young man. We'll get 'er done.
Anybody Missing your significant other?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1546264698242.jpg
    FB_IMG_1546264698242.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 2
And so my son Cody has talked me into this

105f in hot tub - 35f in ice tub - 15 minutes in hot tub, 3 minutes in ice - 3 times
And then what? Heart attack? Would love to have a hot tub but that ice bath; no thanks. The Polar club members around here jump into the water around Puget Sound every New Years Day.

On Scotland, my daughter just returned from Edinburgh. Her husband Brad, an Apache gunship pilot, has been deployed to Europe with NATO since about June so she flew into Frankfurt to meet him before Christmas. They then went on to Scotland. She fell in love with Edinburgh and the locals, being treated very kindly by everyone they met. She was even going to have some haggis for breakfast the first morning. Brad was going to have some too until I told him what was in it. Offal wrapped in goat stomach, really?

They will be returning to Scotland to do some touring, probably this summer. Scot in Exile once told my daughter that the home in which he was born is now a Scottish national monument so they have to go there for a visit.

Scotland.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got out today and it was a bit of an ordeal at first. My good friend Cameron rode his Indian Scout over to the house to accompany me and it was a somewhat of a friendly payback. I rode with Cam the first time he got back on two wheels after his Indian Chieftan was totaled and he'd spent about six months in a hospital bed. He was very nervous but I encouraged him all the way. I also helped him get up the steps to his house when he came home from the recovery center and he did the same when I came home from the hospital. I couldn't have made it up my front steps without he and another rider friend helping me when I returned home after my surgery.

The first challenge was getting on the bike because I had to step up on the left foot peg like mounting a horse. It required twisting my new knee, which was not fun. The second challenge was shifting but I got used to it after a few miles. Dismounting I had a rail to hold on to. It was a beautiful, cold day and I achieved my goal of riding at least once more before the year ended. I had an Irish whiskey at the High Tide Tavern, after which we rode home. I'll call it a good day.

First Ride.jpg

Have a wee 300mile ride for tomorrow now it is going to be around 70deg f so I was wondering what short sleeve shirt to use:p keep polishing the bikes boys summer is just around the corner:D
Trews and a sleeveless Prince Charlie would seen appropriate

Back