Nail In Front Tire!

Regular Tire Patch
1622517190227.png
1622517190227.png
Plug Patch
1622517251073.png
1622517251073.png

Plug patch, interesting.
Just ride it as is since it is not leaking - that screw probably did not even penetrate the belt. Tubeless tires do not deflate rapidly like tubed tires did unless you manage to puncture or tear the sidewall - Motorcycle Tire Construction Explained. Use the TPMS (OEM or aftermarket) to keep an eye on it and carry a compact plug kit and pump with you;
DYNAPLUG Ultralite Tubeless Tire Repair Kit - RevZilla
DYNAPLUG Micro Inflator V2 Air Pump Compressor - RevZilla
I plugged-and-patched several tires the last decade or so and kept riding them till I had to replace them when reaching the tread wear limit; Is it OK to plug a tubeless motorcycle tire? - RevZilla.

Ryan at Fortnine has a great video on four types of tire plugs. Or tyre plugs for those across the pond:)
In summary, rope plugs work fine and he has no safety concerns with leaving them in. I had a back tire on my R3T with four plugs and used it until it wore out. :) Yet to have a front tire flat but would run on a plug no problem.

I grew up with a service station in the family. My Father owned a 3 bay 4 plump service station. The Sinclair symbol was to ask the driver if they wanted a fill up, check the oil, wash at least the windshield and check tires if you had the time. Oil changes and tires were the main jobs for a teenage son. Repairing Tires were a important responsibility. If a clean whole NOT on a sidewall could be plugged. Never plug a questionable whole or near the sidewall. Watching videos of motorcycle riders cornering and the distortion of the tire, I wouldn’t run a plugged tire very long. $300 is not worth a wreck. A bike on it’s side is very expensive.

Where is the run-flat technology here? With today's material science, it should be a no-brainer. A back tire just cost me $512.16 and the install will be another $100. If the GT eats tires like my souped-up R3T did, I expect I will need a new tire every season. As I do not know how easy it will be to get replacements, I bought one now against any shortages or shipping delays that some other parts seems to have had. From what I understand, my dealer will not install a tire that you did not buy from them, even if it is new. Is this common?

Where is the run-flat technology here? With today's material science, it should be a no-brainer. A back tire just cost me $512.16 and the install will be another $100. If the GT eats tires like my souped-up R3T did, I expect I will need a new tire every season. As I do not know how easy it will be to get replacements, I bought one now against any shortages or shipping delays that some other parts seems to have had. From what I understand, my dealer will not install a tire that you did not buy from them, even if it is new. Is this common?
Not really common but it is a new trend that is popping up. Any motorcycle shop that has a bike in their line up with a very wide rear tire should be able to refit a new tire for you. Can you remove the wheel yourself at home ? Some auto tire shops can fit a tire on our wheels.

Where is the run-flat technology here?
Saw a system a few years ago called Rhinotire that looked interesting, but nothing ever came of it. Website is pretty much defunct at this point. I seem to recall that Dunlop tested a system even further back. I spoke to some motor cops that were involved in testing and they said it worked, but made the bikes pretty much unrideable.
uL7JFYF.jpg

Back