Nail In Front Tire!

Saw a system a few years ago called Rhinotire that looked interesting, but nothing ever came of it. Website is pretty much defunct at this point. I seem to recall that Dunlop tested a system even further back. I spoke to some motor cops that were involved in testing and they said it worked, but made the bikes pretty much unrideable.
uL7JFYF.jpg
That kid's mechanic spoke too soon:) LOL

Quick update.

I took the bike and the tiny screw to the dealer to see what they said and they laughed at me saying I'm overthinking it and it's so tiny it's less thick than the tread. They said just keep the screw so you can laugh about it in the future, but nothing to worry about.
I told them it was the forum's fault that told me to replace, plug, be careful, no longer safe...etc :D;)
Actually the owner was so cool, he gave me a pen gauge!
But seriously, thank you for everyone's input, much appreciated.

Quick update.

I took the bike and the tiny screw to the dealer to see what they said and they laughed at me saying I'm overthinking it and it's so tiny it's less thick than the tread. They said just keep the screw so you can laugh about it in the future, but nothing to worry about.
I told them it was the forum's fault that told me to replace, plug, be careful, no longer safe...etc :D;)
Actually the owner was so cool, he gave me a pen gauge!
But seriously, thank you for everyone's input, much appreciated.

i have had small things in my tire
but if u run over a rock it makes the little thing a lot longer :laugh:

I had a large nail in my back tire around 300 miles. I plugged it then sealed with motorcycle specific slime, 2000 miles later and the air pressure is the same as it was when I repaired it last year. Although it appears your issue was extremely minor, I wouldn't hesitate to repair tires. Dealers and tire shops always tell you to replace the tire, but that's mostly due to the tort system and not because of any real safety concern. Of course somebody here will 'know a guy' who did something like this and suffered dire consequences but everything in life is a cost-benefit analysis. Riding a motorcycle already puts you somewhere on the spectrum of accepting additional risk, to me a properly repaired tire is just as good as a brand new tire and I don't hesitate to ride on my repaired tire one bit.

Back